[Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.1.4 2016-05-26

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.0.8.2 2014-01-29

Postby Arnoniem » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:44 pm

imran222120 wrote:arno use tampermonkey to host the script

I did, and I don't like it. And that's a work-around, not a solution. ;)
Global Champs BeNeLux Champs UAE Champs Android Beta Testers
CM:The Netherlands CM:U.A.E. CM:Oman CM:Thailand
Arnoniem
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby ModImmo » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:35 pm

Arnoniem wrote:

why? any idea?
ModImmo

Postby doctorkb » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:15 pm

Arnoniem wrote:

Alternatively, a person could just tell you to use Firefox. Which "work around" would you prefer?

Personally, I wish URO+ and WMET could get along in TamperMonkey... much easier to have everything in one place and TM is better than the extensions area in Chrome.
Waze Global Champ, Mentor
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby qwaletee » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:57 am

Please see this new thread on loss of elevation data that may be due to JNF (or not!).
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby bgodette » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:10 pm

qwaletee wrote:Please see this new thread on loss of elevation data that may be due to JNF (or not!).
This is not a problem caused by JNF, but a problem caused by Features (WME backend) and propagation delay. JNF attempts to deal with the problems (data consistency and propagation delay) by issuing another data reload after successful saves. This issue has been around for about 2 years now, and has been referenced multiple times in this thread.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby qwaletee » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:58 pm

bgodette wrote:
qwaletee wrote:Please see this new thread on loss of elevation data that may be due to JNF (or not!).
This is not a problem caused by JNF, but a problem caused by Features (WME backend) and propagation delay. JNF attempts to deal with the problems (data consistency and propagation delay) by issuing another data reload after successful saves. This issue has been around for about 2 years now, and has been referenced multiple times in this thread.

I posted the new thread in response to a another editor who (reasonably) asked that it be broken out into its own thread. I did various searches relating to the problem and only found the posts going on in the last few days, and one reference to a Chrome problem in January.
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby BellHouse » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:07 am

qwaletee wrote:I did various searches relating to the problem and only found the posts going on in the last few days, and one reference to a Chrome problem in January.

Yes, I agree there is close to no reference in the "open" parts of this forum. But I was told there are many references in the Global Champs area. ;)
Global Champ / DACH Champ / CM Germany / Self-Management-Team Germany
BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Jay91150 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:27 pm

Is there any possibility in getting JNF updated to "fix" 'same endpoints drivable segments' in a similar fashion to how it fixes self-connecting loops, so that I can just hit one node of a 'same endpoints' with the 'qw' key combination and it'll automatically break the segment in question into two? Or is there another script/extension (for Chrome please :)) that will do that?

It'd save me a huge amount of time getting rid of thousands of these segments in my city, rather than drawing a road intersecting the segment and then deleting it.
Jay91150
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby ditchi56 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:35 pm

Jay91150 wrote:Is there any possibility in getting JNF updated to "fix" 'same endpoints drivable segments' in a similar fashion to how it fixes self-connecting loops, so that I can just hit one node of a 'same endpoints' with the 'qw' key combination and it'll automatically break the segment in question into two? Or is there another script/extension (for Chrome please :)) that will do that?

It'd save me a huge amount of time getting rid of thousands of these segments in my city, rather than drawing a road intersecting the segment and then deleting it.

What a good idea!

But it sounds like a job for a new script to me. If you try to use JNF, presumably having selected a node, how would it choose which of (at least) two roads to put the new node in?

Easier for you to select a segment, put the cursor at the point you want a new node, and type some magic key combination to trigger a new script. Unfortunately I haven't the foggiest idea how to write scripts, so someone else will have to step forward...
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby bgodette » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:14 pm

Jay91150 wrote:Is there any possibility in getting JNF updated to "fix" 'same endpoints drivable segments' in a similar fashion to how it fixes self-connecting loops, so that I can just hit one node of a 'same endpoints' with the 'qw' key combination and it'll automatically break the segment in question into two? Or is there another script/extension (for Chrome please :)) that will do that?

Yes, it's something I am working on, as well as updating the node removal bookmarklet to follow the same rules.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts