Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by billoute720
Thanks a lot for the update :)
billoute720
Send a message

Post by BMichaelW
I see that the creator of this is not responsive but when trying to get WME validator working (even though it is a lost cause) I got error 66307205. Just in case anyone knows or the creator comes back.
BMichaelW
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1
Send a message

Post by BMichaelW
Ya, I know. It is highly obfuscated. Plus the encrypted part. I think the first problem is that it is not able to create the menu. How to make that better is anyone's guess. Even if the warning not to try to reverse engineer did not exist I am a Java programmer, not JavaScript (very different).
BMichaelW
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1
Send a message

Post by BMichaelW
Nomenclator1677 wrote:
bures wrote:Is the Validator encrypted or only minify? ;)
Beretowski was saying last year he has encrypted it
I had a quick look (not enough to violate the no reverse engineering contract) while it was running and he did more than minify it. I think it actually takes more code than just a minify. Also, it has a large encrypted section and overwrites eval() which is the normal reverse engineering starting point. Totally possible but I don't do JS so I have no chance (plus the no reverse engineering which would be broken the moment a piece of code is changed.
I might take a look at Wazewrap and see what that has to offer. If we could get it to write the document.write things to somewhere else we might have a start, but that would likely require breaking the no reverse engineering. I think we should have a discussion on whether to break it, but wait a bit to see if we have a response. I am personally not going any further as to not break the no reverse engineering.
TL;DR: It is minified, obfuscated and partially encrypted. Almost no chance of fixing it even if the no reverse engineering thing was not there.
BMichaelW
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1
Send a message

Post by Bmtg
New version of WME interface rolled out this morning. No more "me" tab, and therefore no more Validator settings. And the script doesn't appear to work, at least on my system.

bmtg
Bmtg
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Waze Southeast specific Links (Alabama, Florida, Georgia)
Southeast Wiki
Southeast Discord server

Post by Bobthedog007
There was a discussion here about segments with the same endpoints causing problems.
If I remember correctly it was then moved out of this thread, but I cannot find it after browsing the various sub forums.

Does anyone know where it was moved to?

I have come across issues caused by same node segments on one of my routes and I would rather not reread 46 pages to find the discussion. :(

Thanks.
Bobthedog007
Send a message

Post by bolixeiro
Nada ainda do Validator funcionar? O meu aparece como atualizado na versão 1.1.20 mas não aparecem as opções da janela do validator....
bolixeiro
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message
Marcelo Müller (AM - RS)

Manual de Edição | Fórum Rio Grande do Sul

Post by brujofav
[b]berestovskyy[/b] wrote:Hi guys,
As you might know the Validator is fully open source now. Source, localization, release files along with instructions are available at GitHub: https://github.com/WMEValidator/

I hope that move will help to reborn the script and will make sure it will never die again.

I just made a first public release. The basic script functionality works, but there is a huuuge room for improvements ;)

Unfortunately, there are just two developers working over the project. If you feel you are up to a new challenge, feel free to contact me. We need your help.

Thanks,
Andriy
What good news berestovskyy, I hope it will be of great help to all of us.

Many thanks.- :lol:
brujofav
Send a message

Post by BtBalways
I seem to remember UK editors being advised to not enter a (subjective) cost for parking when we were 'flooded' with auto generated PLs, but simply add free where appropriate.
This check may cause some conflicts unless we agree that all parking charges are 'High'; generally believed by the public here anyway!!!
BtBalways
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by BugLaden
There is a U-turn in this segment on node B. I've tried using

Template: ${Uturn}
RegExp: /1/

But it's not picking it up. What should I be using?
BugLaden
Send a message
[img]https:///NvxDK[/img] | [img]https:///kw8w7[/img] https://j.mp/1xPiWC8 Managed Area