No GPS Reception  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: "No GPS Reception" Error - Can't Report or Update Prices

Postby vince1612 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:03 am

downhilla4 wrote:Past few days I've been receiving the, "No GPS Reception in location, make sure you are outdoors" error. Every time I try making a report or update Gas Prices. Been using the same 3.9 version, Location is on phone, no updates on Waze or phone has happened. Phone is used in same location in the car for the past 3 years.

Not sure what changed, over the past few days. Will try clearing all cache on App and try again later.

Thoughts on what it could be? Are they finally kicking us out of the old, cleaner Waze versions? Thanks!

I'm not aware of any plans to kick anyone out of a version of the app. In your case it might be hard to suggest a fresh install of the Waze app because I guess you don't want to move to 4.x?

From what I understand you're saying that you can navigate and get GPS for routing but only have a problem when wanting to report gas prices, correct? That's one I had not heard before :|

Let us know what happens after you try clearing the cache and if you try anything else like an app reset. I've also merged your post in a thread which groups all issues with GPS since a few years now. There might be posts about GPS problems with version 3.9 in the previous pages that could offer better tips and tricks for you.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Problems with gps

Postby globster2000 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:35 pm

Hello,

I am having problems with Waze not finding GPS. I originally thought it was the device, but Google maps works and compass works on my device. I have reinstalled the app, cleared cache, clear data, and rebooted phone. I have also tested my sim card in my wife's phone and my old phone with no problems in GPS at all in Waze/navigation apps. I have even factory resetted my phone as a new phone and have only downloaded Waze with Waze showing the same result. I have made sure location is on and that high accuracy is on with both wifi and Bluetooth scanning on. So far, nothing has worked. I am running Android 6.0 with the February security patch on a moto x pure edition phone. I am unsure what you can do, but I am pretty sure that the problem lies with the app and not the device.
globster2000

Problem with GPS

Postby gabovaca » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:04 pm

I have a query , i buy an iPhone with IOS 9.3 and waze application gives me an error of GPS , notification indicates that failed the GPS signal connection. but the gps signal works with other apps.

thanks
gabovaca

Possible fix for "No GPS Reception"

Postby mrsvvv » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:08 am

I am one of the may folks who got the "Uh-oh! No GPS" when I tapped the report button.

I filed a bug report saying GPS worked fine for navigation, but I got the "No GPS" error when
trying to file a report. I was upset to receive what looked like a bogus stock answer for
"No GPS" that told me that provided a procedure to clear and update AGPS. I angrily filed
another bug report.

However, today, I tried the given procedure, and now the report button works for me!
Below are the steps provided in the stock answer.

I am going to reply to my 2 bug reports and say that the stock answer should say it can fix problems where GPS works for navigation but not for making reports.

Could other people with this issue try the procedure and reply to this thread with whether or not it works for them? This fix could make 4.0 usable for a LOT of people if it really does work!

1. Download the app GPS Test from the Google Play Store.
  2. Open GPS Test and tap the 3 dots in the top right corner for more information.
  3. Tap Clear AGPS and then tap Update AGPS
  4. Check to see that there's a green circle under GPS Status.
    1. If you see a red circle, there may be a GPS issue present in your device, which is unrelated to Waze.
      1. If you keep your phone in a case, please try removing it. This oftentimes interferes with GPS signal.
      2. If you're in a vehicle, try moving your device closer to a window.
      3. If neither of these options improves your signal, please contact your cellular provider or a phone repair center.
    2. If you see a green circle, your GPS signal is strong enough for Waze to work properly. Open Waze and navigate.
mrsvvv

No GPS.showing approximate location this is waze bug?

Postby SowAve » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:03 am

No GPS.showing approximate location
Attachments
image.jpg
I reinstalled and reformat my phone still can't work someone can help me?
(87.71 KiB) Downloaded 20056 times
SowAve

No GPS. Showing approximate location

Postby samrajb » Wed May 18, 2016 1:26 am

Just today I logged in to Waze and got this message "No GPS. Showing approximate location. Proceed to highlighted route." It also suggested I should go outside, which is ludicrous since I was in my car and the phone is on a dashboard mount. I have been trying off and on all day, with the same results. When I switch to Google Maps I get the directions I need. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 with recent Android updates. I have uninstalled and re-installed the app. I followed the (outdated) Android instructions on the Waze help site, but my GPS is turned on and working properly. Is anybody else having this problem?
samrajb

No GPS since upgrading to iOS 9.3

Postby rcc777 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:51 pm

I keep getting a No GPS message at the top. Happening since I upgraded to IOS 9.3. iPhone 6 Plus. Tried everything. Turned location services on and off. Uninstalled and installed Waze. Reset phone. New SIM card. Hard reset phone. Still nothing. Maps seems to work better though the Nav there seems off as well. Installed GPS Diagnostic, keep getting "no satellite". Anything else I should try? New phone?
rcc777

No Gps signal

Postby Abmootak » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:13 am

I have tried numerous times to get a gps signal but to no avail. I have followed the directions on the app and downloaded gps app. Still doesnt work. Any other suggestions
Abmootak

No GPS Reception

Postby Mark16805 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:36 pm

When touching the report button I get the message "Sorry, no GPS signal in this location. Please make sure you are outside."
Everything else works, it finds me, navigation works, directions work, you just can't make any reports. I did all of the trouble shooting listed in support and in the e-mail I received.

Using a Galaxy S5 Active.

I removed the new version and put on version 3.9.9.0 and everything worked correctly. I updated it to new version again and as soon as I try to make a report I get the no GPS signal error.
Mark16805

NO GPS IOS 10.2.1

Postby DaneChua » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:38 pm

Just want to ask anyone here experiencing issues with their GPS navigation (Waze, google maps, Maps) Since I updated my ios to 10.2.1 I started having "NO GPS" issues. I tried to reset network settings, switch on and off my airplane mode and location services and lastly tried to restore my phone. But still didn't fix the issue. (Using an Iphone 7 plus) also tried removing my case. But i tried sending my location with Messenger, viber, whatsapp, uber, grab my location is correct. Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.
DaneChua

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App