Issue - Waze repeatedly losing GPS signal

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Moderators: Unholy, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Re: Issue - Waze repeatedly losing GPS signal

Postby fique68 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:15 am

Go to app manager, force stop, clear cache, uninstall, reboot, reinstall. That should do the trick.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
fique68

Postby gordovious » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:17 pm

Same issue here with my new HTC One M9- my phone loses GPS *and* cell signal.
Waze worked fine on my HTC Amaze, but now with a new phone, updated operating system (5.0.2) and new version of Waze (3.9.4.0), it randomly drops out.
Now what? Who/where do we go?
Gordon
gordovious

Postby habamax » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:06 pm

Borgholio wrote:Is this something that sounds familiar to anybody?

I have the same problem with Galaxy Note 2, After about 30-40 mins of driving GPS signal is lost. It has happened 3 times already. Before Waze I have used yandex maps -- GPS worked very well.

And after Waze looses GPS -- no other program could find it too.
habamax

Postby holzereck » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:17 am

Hi guys,
I’m also getting a similar problem on my Moto G (see: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=86200).
As I’m new to both Smart phones as well as sat-nav gear, I’m not sure where my phone knowledge/signals cross over my WAZE knowledge/signals.
Before trying waze I used the in-built sat-nav.
This is great, apart from it robs me of my phone balance. I am now disabled and use my phone on payg, so need to keep an eye on its use.
It also uses proper satellite images instead of drawings.

Yesterday I kept losing signals along the main A30 (UK) – no trees or buildings to block signals.
Before seeking an alternative system, I’d like to know what’s happening,,,, & if it can be fixed.

Cheers all
Motorola G :: Android 4.4 KitKat :: Mercedes
holzereck

Postby hrundelgosha » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:53 pm

I have the same problem on my note 1 4.1.2 with waze 3.7.7.0
Every time Waze looses my location I just turn the screen off and after a couple if seconds - here I am on the map again!!!!! Then I just listen to directions ....
I can't understand that bug ...... every other program runs well with no GPS problems at all
hrundelgosha

Postby iXolus » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:44 am

This is what I've noticed and my theory...

Perhaps the android app tied in to the the samsung GPS refresh rate is too good and efficient to quickly detect when the GPS signal is weak or lost.

I have an iPhone 5 with the opposite problem. I'm 15 seconds into the tunnel (stuck in traffic) before it detects the GPS offline; sometimes I'm about 30 seconds outside the tunnel, before the GPS kicks in! And sometimes waze shows me inside the tunnel before it detects I'm outside close to the exit!

Sure, the cell tower alignment does a good job at keeping me on track, but when a tower is down, or cell signal is weak, its annoying.

That's my 2 cents.
iXolus

Postby jcdst » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:47 pm

I am having this same problem I on my Nexus 4
jcdst

Postby john398 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:30 pm

I am having the lost of GPS signal on my Galaxy Tablet as well, I will follow this thread
john398

Postby lbchicaiza » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:01 am

Same thing for me in a Galaxy S3, a few days ago Waze starting lose the GPS signal.
lbchicaiza

Postby Leemet » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:31 pm

Same problem on Sony Xperia V: after updating to Android 4.3, GPS is not working properly. However, other apps (Endomondo, Sports Tracker, Navigon, MapFactor, etc) using GPS are more or less coping with the problem, losing satellite lock for few seconds every now and then, but Waze has become completely useless. It never gets lock at all and if it does, then for a brief moment only. And when GPS is locked to the satellites by some other app and you launch Waze, lock is lost immediately. Is there any solution around for that issue?
Leemet

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests