[Script] WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox

Postby jbarrios107 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:18 pm

Hello. Is it possible to create a landmark, this tool remains selected to be selected on the landmark? And you can assign keyboard shortcuts to the total or partial selection of the streets in the landmark.
thanks
jbarrios107
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby DMZamora » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:21 pm

The "Select in landmark" feature just lost its funcionality. Maintenance in course?
DMZamora
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby gaetanaga » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:50 pm

There is problem with toolbox server ???
gaetanaga
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby qwaletee » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:56 am

Please see this new thread on loss of elevation data that may be due to toolbox (or not!).
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby erablian » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:29 pm

bz2012 wrote:It is probably checking for updates at the same time. That is probably the most significant time killer. If it has to connect to do check for updates, it might as well update the usage counters.

Maybe be it could be changed to check for updates only once every 24 hours, instead every time. I open quite a few WME windows, and the 5–10 second delay loading Toolbox every time costs me a lot of time.
erablian
State Manager
State Manager

Postby bz2012 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:07 pm

It is probably checking for updates at the same time. That is probably the most significant time killer. If it has to connect to do check for updates, it might as well update the usage counters.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby vectorspace » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:07 pm

Qwaletee, yea, that is another issue, but one separate from the likely memory leak.
vectorspace

Postby qwaletee » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:57 am

Part of the problem is not a memory leak. The toolbox "phones home" every time a WME page loads, and it does it synchronously, so you have to wait until it completes its cycle. Its a significant design flaw. I appreciate all the hard work done in programming it, but do we really need to report usage statistics?
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby Fredo-p » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:35 pm

Forgot to mention I'm running the latest Chrome on Lubuntu

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Fredo-p
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Fredo-p » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:34 pm

vectorspace wrote:Really like the toolbox, thanks for putting all these tools in one place...

After using it for a while, there seems to be a memory leak in the code somewhere. I notice that in Task Manager that the instance of Chrome that is running while using Toolbox increasingly uses more and more memory, getting sluggish as it ramps up to use 1GB of memory to 1.5GB. I have to close the instance of Chrome WME is in, then opening it again to get rid of the memory hogging of that window. Starting again gets back down to about 105 MB or so.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I have. Opening FF is quick and I can surf the net easily. However, ever since I installed taper monkey and updated WMET, Chrome takes twice as long just to load the starting page. My Chrome task manager shows a massive hit on memory. If I was to go to WME, it slows down a bit more. But if I was to disable taper monkey (stopping WMET, angle checker, route check, Wiki tool bar) then Chrome speeds back up.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Fredo-p
Beta tester
Beta tester

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts