These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by CrackedLCD
Jay91150 wrote:Everything I submitted on my drive this morning said it was giving me points but also popped up the "Oops! Something happened" error. Near the end of my drive I started getting alerts for nearby hazards, which I've never seen before, and all of them said that "Waze" reported them (rather than an individual). Was there some kind of update being pushed around 1200-1300 UTC, or did my app just go all crazy?
Same here, but it's doing it today (Saturday) as well. Some alerts post and reward points... And some fail completely, but either way I get the sending report failed error.

I tried wiping the cache but that didn't help. I get the errors on both LTE and my home wifi so I know it's not the network.

My phone received an android update from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2 a few days before this started but I can't see how that could be related.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 4
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Cubey00
I too am having problems with the voice navigation. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3. Ever since the Android OS update the other week, my voice navigation in Waze has been broken. I only hear one or two words of the instruction. It was working perfectly until the OS update.
Cubey00
Send a message

Post by daaaa
same issue since march 07 2014, application stops few seconds after startup
Motorola RAZR i
Android 4.1.2
System 91.2.26001.XT890.Retail.en.EU
Waze 3.7.8.0
daaaa
Send a message

Post by DAldred
Hi

I hope this is the right place to post this...

I'm using Waze 3.7.8.0 on a Moto G in the UK (Android 4.4.2). It's great when there is a solid 3G signal; understandably not so great when in rural areas it drops to 2G. However there's been some strange behaviour today in 2G (GPRS) areas.

This has happened three times today:

- Start Waze in the carpark of the rural place I've been visiting
- Set a destination
- Slowish response, but it gets a route (on GPRS)
- Start driving
- After about 200 metres, it starts routing again - and now can't get a route.

The really annoying thing is that having failed to route the second time, it doesn't fall back to the valid route it already has - it just dumps you with no directions. I haven't used the map book in the car so much for years!

Why doesn't it either stick with the original route, or fall back to it if it fails to re-route?
DAldred
Send a message
Last edited by DAldred on Thu May 01, 2014 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by danmattosh
I´m another Razr i user with 4.1.2, and the same force closing bug.. hopefully they'll release a fix soon!! I use waze a lot!! (helps me plan ahead for meetings and takes the stress away from not knowing how long you'll be stuck in a jam, roughly at least)
danmattosh
Send a message

Post by DavidChanTW
Another issue associated with Android:
Waze is able to open up the location link in Foursquare app but it will hang there with a blank screen and a pin but no routing will be suggested. My Foursquare app version is 2014.05.14; Waze 3.7.8; Android 4.4.2. Actually this weird phenomenon has been occurring since older version of Waze, Watsapp and Android(4.1.2). My friend using a brand new Note 3 has no such problem at all. Anybody can provide me the cause and solution is much appreciated.
DavidChanTW
Send a message
https://tinyurl.com/o4j2ulm[img]https:///LPzOT[/img][img]https:///hh75S[/img]
Area Manager: Northern & Southern region of KL, Serdang
Note 2 w/ Android 4.4.2
Join our FB group: Waze in Malaysia on Facebook
or Google+ group: Waze in Malaysia on Google+

Post by desserted
ARedPug wrote: Every time I open it I'm told I'm a new user and I have to create an account or Login with Facebook.

I have an account. I don't want to see a welcome video and I am not a new user.
I recently started using Waze again and I'm having the same problem. Every time I open the app I am prompted to log in and/or view the welcome video. It's especially annoying since I use a complex password that isn't fun to type on my phone's keyboard. This is a big problem.

My phone:
Galaxy S3
Android version: 4.3.1
desserted
Send a message

Post by Djkarlos2
I have been using Waze for about a month now, so only this current version 3.7.8.0. It has been working fine up until the last few days. Navigation is fine, however the Send ETA and follow my drive no longer works. I can send the link as I always have, whether by text, email etc. But the recpient who gets my link just gets a web page with Request cancelled, even if my session is definately still running. I have just tested it now, with my phone on my desk, the icon is yellow in the bottom left corner but the link I sent just says request cancelled. Any suggestions?

I have tried uninstalling the app on my android phone to no avail.

Also just tried on the wife's phone and the same problem, so I guess it must be at Waze's end
Djkarlos2
Send a message

Post by Draitham
I installed this app for the first time today and I have a problem with the voice command feature.
I can wave to get the voice command up but after that it just says "wait" and never goes on to "listening".

I'm using an HTC One X+, any ideas or is it a known bug?
Draitham
Send a message

Post by dstingel
goimir wrote:Scoreboard on "friends" just suggests that I connect to facebook. When I click the link it prompts me to disconnect. All my facebook friends on waze are there in the "friends" button on the map and elsewhere, but even after disconnecting and reconnecting waze, I still cannot see how far ahead of my girlfriend I am. Last I knew I was only 47k ahead of her.

Samsung Captivate Glide on AT&T

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk
I'm having the exact same issue.
dstingel
Send a message
LG G2 (Verizon)