[Script] WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox

Postby vectorspace » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:52 am

iainhouse wrote:... If it was possible, the potential for mischief would be high. ...

Me thinks you have too much faith in the writers of code. ;) Have you not seen the recent near extinction of the Target stores in the USA due to hackers? I know that was a bit extreme of a statement, but such stores and banks consider extinction events like that one. The list is large and outside of credit fraud. Programmers tend to code within their box of what they need to do and don't often peer far outside of it.
vectorspace
vectorspace

Postby dbraughlr » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:01 am

iainhouse wrote:... the scripts can only perform actions that can already be performed by editors.

I believe that some scripts to perform functions which are not possible with the WME user interface but are possible with the Waze object model. The functions for manipulating roundabouts are such functions. This amazing ability to modify a property which should be read-only could be a pair of ordinary bugs.
dbraughlr

Postby gamasi » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:04 am

Forgive my ignorance but how do I use the "select in landmark" button? :oops:
The item "Help" seems to be outdated

Masi

ImageImageImageImageImage
SM | SP
CM | Brasil
gamasi
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Fredo-p » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:16 am

Is anyone else having this issue?

When opening the Waze Map Editor, I receive these two errors:
wmet error.jpg
wmet error.jpg (27.64 KiB) Viewed 528 times

The version is current. So do I have to unintsall and reinstall it?
Fredo-p
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby iainhouse » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:18 am

dbraughlr wrote:
iainhouse wrote:... the scripts can only perform actions that can already be performed by editors.

I believe that some scripts to perform functions which are not possible with the WME user interface but are possible with the Waze object model. The functions for manipulating roundabouts are such functions. This amazing ability to modify a property which should be read-only could be a pair of ordinary bugs.

I've now looked at the code that deals with these loops. It deletes the existing loop and replaces it with new segments. It does not change the creator for the existing loop.

I can't categorically state that this isn't possible to change the creator on an existing segment. But I am confident that this script isn't doing so.
UK Country Administrator
AM: London (DELETED)
Waze 3.7.3 • iPhone 4S (iOS 6.1.3) • Chrome/W7x64
ImageImage
UK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Fredo-p » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:23 am

Never mind. I figure out the issue. Just had to delete the old WMET. I belive my issue is actually in the wrong topic.
Fredo-p
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Thortok2000 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:16 am

As far as the roundabout, yes it deletes and makes another. Not only do you not get to keep the creator data, but all speed/traffic data gets lost too, just like would happen if you deleted and remade any other segment. That's why it's important to make them right in the first place.

This is the only way possible to fix that type of issue. Even if you weren't using the toolbox you'd still have to delete it and make another in order to fix the issue. So don't worry about it.
ImageImage
Area Manager of Greenville, SC! ^_^
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby OyyoDams » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:24 am

Hi all,

Toolbox just makes automatically what you can do manually. So if it updates a segment, or create a new one, your name will appear. It cannot set another username.
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby vectorspace » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:25 pm

Thanks all. By the way, I don't worry about it, but it would be nice to know in some list of features help on the tool. The action of automatically deleting a road and making it over again is not intuitive to most and could have consequences in local discussions about who made a road. It's not a big deal though. Thanks for the great work on the tool!
vectorspace
vectorspace

Postby sketch » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:34 pm

Well, the tool on its own is named "Rebuild roundabout" I believe, which is pretty self-explanatory I think.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts