These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by dstingel
So the iPhones are having this issue too. I wonder if the windows phones are also having Facebook scoreboard problems. Could it be a server-side issue?

I'm new to waze so I've never seen it work. Seems like a cool feature, hope they get it sorted soon.
dstingel
Send a message
LG G2 (Verizon)

Post by dvarapala
Using 3.7.8.0 with a Galaxy Note 3 running Android 4.4.2 and a Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX in AppRadio mode and have experienced the following issues:

1. I cannot initiate voice commands. In AppRadio mode, the phone itself is tucked away in my center console and all interaction takes place through the touch screen on the Pioneer head unit; thus, the proximity sensor on the phone is unavailable. However, swiping the head unit screen doesn't work either.
2. On one occasion the map scrolling froze shortly after I began my trip, and stayed frozen for over 10 miles. It only unfroze when I brought up one of the Waze menus and then exited back out; the map display suddenly jumped back into real time and showed my current location.
3. Like others I have experienced voice prompts being truncated and/or missing altogether. Sometimes the music will attenuate for a voice prompt and there will be nothing at all, just complete silence.
4. The map shows an incorrect name for one street I drive on every day. I fixed the name in the Waze map editor, and the correct name is now shown there; however, in the Waze app the incorrect name still remains. Interestingly, the same incorrect name appears in Google Maps.
dvarapala
Send a message

Post by dvl_eyes.il
The application keeps Crushing. Have this problem on two different tablets running two different android versions. The application was working on both devices untill a week ago. Tried to uninstall and reinstall, delete the waze directory from SD but still keeps crushing. Once got a message that the application stopped and a report to Google was requested. I looked into the details - something to do with "negative activity" ?
Can anybody help ?
Thanks
David
dvl_eyes.il
Send a message

Post by erstunt
There seems to be some sort of a bug or glitch that might be local to Southern California. It seems that, since the new update, I'm no longer being asked to thank the person who reported accidents or mark them as "not there". The dialogue box that asks you to respond never popped up. This was only for accidents. All other dialogue boxes popped up with the thumbs up or "not there" options as before.

Has this problem been reported and/or resolved this morning? The 405 north from Orange County to LA County was marked with accidents as of early this morning. Some of the reported accidents were over 8 hours old, and all of them had already cleared, which makes me think that other people had the same problem as I was having.

Thank you!
erstunt
Send a message

Post by erstunt
CBenson wrote:
erstunt wrote:I'm no longer being asked to thank the person who reported accidents or mark them as "not there".
This is the way that accident reports have always been. I've complained about this before, but the response has been that accident warnings are working as designed.
Good to know. I have only had this problem since the latest update though... so, maybe the problem is spreading? At any rate, I hope they actually look here. Thanks for the info.
erstunt
Send a message

Post by ewerton86
meu waze nao abre depois de atualizacao..... motorola xt890
ewerton86
Send a message

Post by FalconFour
I've come upon a problem with the Android app that nearly breaks the usability of the app... I've got an HTC One S with CyanogenMod 10.2/Android 4.3.1, and a handful of stability, underclocking, and thermal management tweaks.

I, like many others, play music on my phone (Spotify) while in the car using Waze. It plays music and pauses for the voice prompts (which I rely on and generally appreciate). I'd've preferred if I could pick another system speech synthesizer, like Google's much-improved downloadable system speech synthesizer package. Which, defying reason, isn't something Waze has a setting to activate. I'd also prefer if it'd just lower the music volume and play the voice guidance at the same media volume.

It seems like I only got half my wish recently - within the past few weeks, no less*. By this thread's post date, it happened long after I'd been using the current version. The half I got, though, was that the music volume gets turned down for each prompt. Problem is, the voice level is NOT raised to compensate. The end result is that the volume suddenly drops for everything, the music gets garbled together with the voice prompt always at the same fixed level (around 30% - far lower than the 100% I have in the Waze sound settings page and media volume) then the volume spikes back to where I had it.

So, as I'm approaching a turn, I end up with the music cutting out, a nearly inaudible voice saying something, then the music coming back. I no longer have usable voice guidance and I have no idea what the heck changed so Waze is now doing this.

(As it turns out... this is a bug with Spotify, not Waze. Hard to sort these things out when programmers take control from the user... ugh.)

... oh, and I also wish "route voice to internal speaker" would leave my music alone, not act like I unplugged the headphone jack, and just *ROUTE THE VOICE*... to the speaker... like the option implies it will. :lol:
FalconFour
Send a message

Post by faster40
world_v7ci3yqi wrote:Hello i have a tab 3 with android 4.2.2. Cant install waze, it says isnt compatible. What can i do?
I have a same problem with multimedia car A9 processor and Android 4.2.2...
viewtopic.php?f=657&t=97058
faster40
Send a message

Post by feelingtired
Yes Dammit is right. We get the same result here, things don't get updated quickly. One other thing not sure if other users are facing. Off lately, we are getting Waze is not responding when we start app and it will not start. I think app is broken . Anyone else gets the same error message. Please fix it.
feelingtired
Send a message

Post by Firree
Hi, I posted about this several days ago but it's undoubtedly worth bringing up here.

These "WazeFeed" reports are unhelpful and disruptive.

I live in California. I like being warned about potential hazards ahead and people seem pretty good about reporting them where I live. I'm pretty happy with how things currently work. However, these reports stand out. Where most user-submitted ones from the client are timely and are only present for the amount of time one would expect for a hazard to exist, these ones linger. I've come up on dozens now and the client audibly warns me about them like any other report. WazeFeed reports have literally never been accurate. Hitting "Not there" doesn't seem to have any effect on their longevity, and they stay for hours. Only the very most severe of accidents continue to be a hazard ten hours later. Ever since I first noticed them about a week or two ago they seem to be appearing more and more frequently. It's really a hazard for the client to warn me about a "major accident" that isn't there, and by all indications, probably never was. They honestly appear to just pop up at random.

I don't know what the relationship between Waze and feedthe.waze.hu is. I believe the way Feed The Waze's alerts show up in the client needs to be checked into, because to me, it seems like such an issue has the potential to ruin the whole user-experience.

Edit: Here is over a dozen examples of what I keep seeing:
Firree
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Last edited by Firree on Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:18 am, edited 3 times in total.