Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by gfk989
Is there any update on problems with latest update running on ME371 with Android 4 1 2 crashing on starting.
Understand that it is a known problem.
No issues on old HTC desire running waze but as a top 1% er this is now getting beyond a jokeas it is at least 2 months now

Replies to geoffkendall at hotmail.com
gfk989
Send a message

Post by goimir
Scoreboard on "friends" just suggests that I connect to facebook. When I click the link it prompts me to disconnect. All my facebook friends on waze are there in the "friends" button on the map and elsewhere, but even after disconnecting and reconnecting waze, I still cannot see how far ahead of my girlfriend I am. Last I knew I was only 47k ahead of her.

Samsung Captivate Glide on AT&T

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk
goimir
Send a message

Post by goimir
dstingel wrote:So the iPhones are having this issue too. I wonder if the windows phones are also having Facebook scoreboard problems. Could it be a server-side issue?

I'm new to waze so I've never seen it work. Seems like a cool feature, hope they get it sorted soon.
Neither myself nor my girlfriend had the issue before we upgraded. She's using an S3 (android version). And I noticed the problem right after the upgrade. Like I said, we have a competition going, so I tend to keep up on the scoreboard.

I do like the additional options on error reporting, however.

goimir
Send a message

Post by goimir
When clicking on a hazard report for stopped vehicle, no matter what the orientation of the screen, I get "Vehicle stopped on…", as if Waze thinks I don't need to know if it's on the road or on the shoulder until I'm a quarter mile away.

Also, alerts are suppressed if Waze is running and not the foreground process. I don't want Waze to jump to the foreground, but if the audio is on, it'd be nice to get an audio warning that there's a hazard or cop ahead.

It's obvious that I'm not missing the alert, because I'll get it as soon as I bring Waze to the front to report such things.

goimir
Send a message

Post by hagrido
I have a issue with waze on my galaxy tab 3 (GT-P5220) running android 4.2.2. Whenever I start the app from scratch (after a fresh install) I get to the license agreement and is then allowed to log in. So far so good but after the log in screen the tab becomes black and a few seconds later it says "Waze has stopped responding". As soon as I press Ok or report the app reboots with the same result. I've tried uninstalling and installing a fresh copy but with no luck. Sometimes I even get so far as to the map view but I never se the map and the app freezes and after 10-15 seconds quits to desktop. Has anyone had the same issue? See below.
Screenshot_2014-05-14-17-50-39.png
Screenshot
(36.14 KiB) Downloaded 1087 times
hagrido
Send a message

Post by HarleyLover
pretty much the same problems with waze on my android Razor. i think its not working, won't locate me frustrating to say the least.
HarleyLover
Send a message

Post by Howarddds
Another Android 4.4.2 Kitkat problem: Ever since the OS upgrade on my Samsung Galaxy s4, the voice directions cut out intermittently, to the point where the app is not usable. Waze used to be my favorite app in the world, in fact I sold my GPS! I have already tried unintalling and reinstalling the app, and I have also done a factory reset of the phone.
Please help!
Howarddds
Send a message

Post by iceman81_pl
Moved to proper thread...
iceman81_pl
Send a message
Last edited by iceman81_pl on Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Jan924
wolfsbane2k wrote:
Timple86 wrote:
wolfsbane2k wrote:
I've received a beta update this morning, and appears to work. I'll ask if i can share the link, but it appears to come with a massive caveat on dangerous other bugs, so unlikely to support it...
That is good news! At least it means they have located and fixed the bug. :)
Yep. Question is how long it takes to be released to the rest of you!
Hey guys, I'm using the beta-version too. But waze keeps crashing as soon as I click on "navigate to..."...

So not really an improvement...:(

Cheers
Jan
Motorola RAZRi
Jan924
Send a message
AM Karlsruhe/Großraum Backnang (Rems-Murr-Kreis)

Post by Jan924
I have been using 3.7.9.905 Beta, which didn't work. Allthough waze didn't crash until I tried to navigate somewhere.

I just installed 3.7.9.907 Beta, and yes, it works;)!
Jan924
Send a message
AM Karlsruhe/Großraum Backnang (Rems-Murr-Kreis)