[Script] WME Validator 1.1.6 / 06.01.2015

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.4 / 07.11.2014

Postby ditchi56 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:42 am

Olestas wrote:How can this be used on Mac/Safari?

The best solution for Mac that I was able to come up with a couple of years ago was download the Firefox browser. That's still working fine for me, but if someone can find a way of getting scripts and extensions to work on Safari that would be nice.
ditchi56
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.8.2 (BETA) / 09.03.2014

Postby dknight212 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:34 am

Finding Validator so useful for finding newbie mistakes (and some of us old hands too!). This request is a big one and I'm not sure how you would do it without some exception testing. In London we use this type of construction to work the time based operation of our congestion charge. The idea is to make sure the client display shows it as a normal road as the clever stuff is all overlapped (blame iainhouse for this!). Of course Validator flags it up as overlapping - is it possible to prevent these types of segments being raised as issues?
dknight212
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.8.2 (BETA) / 09.03.2014

Postby dknight212 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:56 pm

berestovskyy wrote:
dknight212 wrote:In London we use this type of construction to work the time based operation of our congestion charge.[...]is it possible to prevent these types of segments being raised as issues?

It's not a problem to suppress the "Overlapping segments" either for lvl 6 locked segments or if one of the overlapping segments has a time based restriction.

Please note that Validator users have the "Exclude non-editable segments" option set by default, so low-level users do not see those errors since the segments have lvl 6 lock.

Please discuss the options I mentioned above with the other CMs and let me know shall I exclude lvl 6 locked segments, segments with restrictions, both or neither.

Thanks!

Thanks for this, unfortunately no great demand from the other UK CMs for this. I wonder if it would ever be useful to have the ability to select only certain lock levels for checking? I suppose not, given that an error is an error whoever caused it. Oh well.
dknight212
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.3 / 04.08.2014

Postby doctorkb » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:04 pm

SuperDave1426 wrote:Ok, thanks. I wonder if he can be persuaded to add State Managers, at least within the states they manage....

I doubt it. I suspect that he's using a "CM" flag that is applied to a user's record by the Waze system.

To expand it to anyone else would have to be to "AM" or everyone... unless he did a username-by-username validation.
Waze Global Champ, Mentor, WME Toolbox Project Manager
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.3 / 04.08.2014

Postby doctorkb » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:16 pm

AFAIK, the SM designation is just a large AM area, plus some "how we do things" stuff... nothing in the database.
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.1 / 30.08.2014

Postby doctorkb » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:25 pm

The advantage to highlighting is that you could set it correctly.

Service roads may well be streets or parking lot roads, depending on usage.

When (if?) the type disappears, it is likely the will all become one other type... And I'm going to bet it would be "street" as that is how service roads are routed now.
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby doctorkb » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:47 pm

Mikenit: the problem is they don't do what people who use them expect them to.

They should route like parking lot roads, but they route like streets.
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby doctorkb » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:46 pm

Berestovskyy: BellHouse fixed this issue (with nodes) fairly quickly in TB. Perhaps he might be able to do the same for Validator, if you're interested in help...
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby doctorkb » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:26 pm

I'm having trouble thinking of a case where you'd want a red arrow on a two-segment node... Unless one of the segments is one-way.
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby doctorkb » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:11 am

PesachZ wrote:Take a look at the link which started this discussion, the satellite and street view images both confirm that it is a two way street on both sides of the barricade.

Unless you feel there should be a 5 meter segment at the do not enter sign? But that becomes an unnecessary hack, and an added node just to make validator happy. (Maybe not just to appease validator, as it could also allow the client to display the blockade)

I don't think I'd call that a hack. It's unfortunate that we can't have segments shorter than 5m without fouling up the routing engine, but I'd say that is the truth.

You have a span that appears to be about 3m that is one-way traffic only. I realize this could be marked as a red arrow (and since you show this, I can see that being correct), or it could be a one-way segment. The one-way segment may cause errors, as jemay mentions, but that's no different from a map error for disobeying a turn restriction.
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts