[Script] WME Validator 1.1.19 / 04.06.2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: drivable segment has a very acute turn

Postby dbraughlr » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:43 am

sketch wrote:If a distinction can be made between at-grade connector too-sharp turns and transition too-sharp turns, …

I gave two rules which should be adequate to isolate the vast majority of divided↔undivided transition.
I think they are easily distinguished from intersections with AGCs. The most obvious being that the two-way segment enters and leaves the junction. In a transition, the two-way stops at the junction.
dbraughlr

Re: drivable segment has a very acute turn

Postby berestovskyy » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:40 am

dbraughlr wrote:If the angles are too steep (45 degrees or greater) a driver traveling along one of the one-way segments may be told to "turn" or "stay" at the intersection instead of receiving no instruction.

45 degrees for "straight" on Y split mean 90 degrees for U-turn. So you have a range between 90 and 150 degrees for U-turn (60 degrees spread), which will make Validator happy as well as will not create any instructions for "straight".

dbraughlr wrote:
  1. The junction does not have a two-way street splitting into two one-way streets departing at less than 60 degrees from the two-way and within 90 degrees of each other. Or,
  2. The names of the one-way lanes do not begin with the name of the two-way street.
An at-grade connector is a one-way street that is usually unnamed. The duplicate right turn on the two-way portion should be disallowed.

At-grade connector was just an example. There are Y-splits right before the intersection/roundabout as well as a two-way ramp Y-splits etc. etc.

Here is an example of a two-way primary street splitting into two one-way streets and the names are all the same: permalink

Sorry, at the moment I see no way to implement your proposal :(

Please spread your U-turn and make it between 90 and 150 degrees (i.e. 30-90 degrees). You can also disable the warning by putting
Code: Select all
!120,!121,*
into the Search->Reported as field.

Thanks!
berestovskyy

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.8.2 (BETA) / 09.03.2014

Postby kentsmith9 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:01 am

sketch wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Maybe just edit it to redirect to the Junction Style Guide page?

Not without adding some of the content to the Junction Style Guide. I'm only now noticing that the Guide doesn't actually include guidance on split-road intersections besides the bowtie. The section should be renamed more generally, and the information in the "classification" article should be modified for inclusion into that section of the JSG. I'd also want to contact fvwazing and ask if the classification names are actually used in any context before removing them from the Wiki.

I'm short on time today, otherwise I'd make a Wiki update thread about it. If you want to do that so we can stop hijacking this thread about it, that'd be cool, and I'll get to it when I can (hopefully tomorrow). If not, I'll do so when I have the chance.

Wiki Thread Started...
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.8.3 (BETA) / 14.03.2014

Postby berestovskyy » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:09 pm

14.03.2014 v0.8.3:
- Updated #106 for PL 'Unneeded name on one-way Ramp'
- Renamed some checks to 'Node A/B: ...'
- Fixed: auto-disable slow checks on zoom levels 0-3
berestovskyy

Postby berestovskyy » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:49 am

Please have a look at the updated "How to create/install/update localization packages for Validator":
forum link

Let me know if you have any further questions regarding the localization.

Thanks!
berestovskyy

Postby twist3r » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:48 am

Hi berestovskyy. I want to use the localization option and implement some of my own validations.
I used for #123 a regex checking for illegal names. That worked OK.
But I want to use a #124 with a regex to check for illegal characters "124.option1": "^[^şţŞŢ]+$" and it doesn't work.
Perhaps the regex is not correct for what I want but that I will figure it out somehow. The thing is that even if I move the #123 validation on #124 it doesn't work that either, and it worked on #123.

How can I duplicate #123 check to work on other numbers too?
The same regex that works on #123 doesn't work on another number.

Basically I want to use different regex to check for different wrong names and/or characters but they seem to work only on number #123 and I want more than one. Thank you

edit: I found the correct regex for what I need: ([şţŞŢ]) (check to see if those illegal characters are anywhere in the name). Now I just want to be able to use this check on a different number because I have more regexes that I want to create.
Country Manager Romania
Waze 3.9 - Android 5.0.2 OnePlusOne
Logo Waze România
Harta Waze România - Neoficial
ImageImage
https://www.facebook.com/TMTrafic
twist3r
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby berestovskyy » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:22 am

twist3r wrote:The thing is that even if I move the #123 validation on #124 it doesn't work that either, and it worked on #123.

The check #124 does not exist and you can't simply create it with localization pack :(

But I can create a bunch of disabled checks, so you can set the RegExp and enable them if you need.

I propose we create:
1. Report if any type street name matches the RegExp (#123)
2. Report if any type street name does not match the RegExp (new check)
3-6. Report if Ramp/Highway/Freeway street name matches the RegExp (4 new checks)
7-10. Report if Ramp/Highway/Freeway street name does not match the RegExp (4 new checks)

So you will have 10 checks in total for different street types. Would it be OK or we missing something here?

EDIT: Regarding your regexp:
1. At the moment as a workaround you can match two RegExps in one check: "(regex1)|(regex2)"
2. You can create case-insensitive RegExp using /i flag: "/^[^şţ]+$/i"
Last edited by berestovskyy on Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
berestovskyy

Postby twist3r » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:31 am

Ok, I thought that just add the number will create it :) silly me.
It would be great if you can create new disabled checks just like #123 like in your proposition.
In the meantime I will try to learn to implement more than one check in the same RegExp.
Thanks a lot.
Country Manager Romania
Waze 3.9 - Android 5.0.2 OnePlusOne
Logo Waze România
Harta Waze România - Neoficial
ImageImage
https://www.facebook.com/TMTrafic
twist3r
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby pumrum » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:44 pm

[post edited to reflect actual update]
I saw in one of the recent updates:

- UPD 'Non-drivable connected to drivable': excluded short dead-end segments and segments with HNs

It seems that it's ignoring non-drivable segments all together. I have found intersections between streets and runways, railroads, and walking trails - none are being flagged by WMV 0.8.3

Example:

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&lat ... 78&env=usa
Last edited by pumrum on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pumrum

Postby Timbones » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:54 am

CBenson wrote:Maybe this should be split off for further discussion.

Discussion about non-drivables split into new thread: Routing Via Non-Drivables?
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Global Wiki Moderator • Routing Expert
Extensions: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts