[Script] WME Validator 1.1.8 / 07.05.2015

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.7.4 (BETA) / 28.02.2014

Postby ditchi56 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:00 pm

berestovskyy wrote:
ditchi56 wrote:it said "WME Validator has checked 11653 segments and reported 12 errors (1‰), 277 warnings (24‰) and 261 notes"

It means there are just 12+277+261 issues :? Even if I lower the limit to a 100 of segments per check, I guess it will change nothing for such a low amount of the issues.

Maybe the problem is not related to Validator itself? You might opened too many WME windows or something?

I believe the problem (apart from a machine running low on storage) is the size of the "data" web page generated for the report. So the limit would need to be on the number of items reported, not the number of segments checked (although obviously it would make sense to stop checking once the limit on items to report was reached).
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby ditchi56 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:17 am

berestovskyy wrote:
ditchi56 wrote:I believe the problem (apart from a machine running low on storage) is the size of the "data" web page generated for the report.

I just measured the size of "data" document for the area you send me (12+277+261 issues). It is less than 100KB (Save page as->HTML Only).

I tried few versions back to generate the report in a bit different way, but this "data" method was the most reliable and worked both in Chrome and Firefox. I guess I have to try again...

I've tried creating a "large" report that Firefox has real trouble scrolling around on my overloaded machine. Then I saved it, and reopened it from the saved file. Firefox now had no trouble. So it looks like there's something in Firefox that doesn't handle "data" pages very well.

No need now for you to change anything, except perhaps documentation. Now I know, I'll just save and reopen the report and everything seems to be fine.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby ditchi56 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:10 pm

Minor problem: the script is reporting time restrictions as expired on the last day for while they apply. It should wait one more day before flagging them as expired.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.3 (BETA) / 25.03.2014

Postby ditchi56 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:30 am

I wonder whether Validator could automatically fix some of the problems it detects when the user has asked it to run a scan?

For example, #77 (the dead-end road has a U-turn enabled). All I ever do with this is select the node at the start of the road and hit Q (with the Junction Node Fixer script enabled).

Is this feasible? (And I'm sure some will want to debate what should happen to the editing points if it were implemented - my vote would be they should go to the editor who has taken the trouble to run the scan).
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager

Bug fix request

Postby ditchi56 » Sat May 17, 2014 10:21 am

Bug fix request:

For error 114 "The non-drivable segment makes a junction with a drivable at node A" the Wiki link needs to change from:
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Road_Types_% ... n-drivable
to
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Road_Types_% ... able_roads

Many thanks for this invaluable script.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager

Dogbone roundabouts

Postby ditchi56 » Fri May 30, 2014 8:57 am

Can you devise a way of stopping Validator complaining about junctions like this?

Or alternatively a better way of mapping it, but routing and instructions are fine this way?
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.0 / 26.05.2014

Postby ditchi56 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:35 am

Additional validation request:

I believe "parking lot" and "gas station" landmark/place's suppress Waze's monitoring of traffic speed. Therefore could Validator please report parking lots and gas stations overlapping roads of "street" level and above?
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby ditchi56 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:33 pm

arbaot wrote:tricky to code

It may well be impractical to test for this.
I've no idea what can reasonably be done and what can't. I can only put forward a suggestion when I have an idea, and let the big brains decide what it is feasible.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby ditchi56 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:44 pm

Additional validation request (hopefully this one will be a bit easier to implement):

When we have a part-time toll road, typically toll during the day and free overnight, we want Waze to try to avoid the toll for people who have "avoid tolls" set on. While not diverting people overnight.

This has been implemented with apparent success by drawing two roads on top each other, one set up as a toll road, and the other non-toll but time-restricted. There's an example here, on the boundary on the London Congestion Charging Zone. Note the little kink in the middle of each segment so that they can both be seen at high zoom on WME, while looking like a single road on the client.

Validator complains about this, coming up with errors 118, 119 & 78. Would it be possible to suppress these three messages for two overlapping segments linking the same pair of nodes when all of the following are true:
- the two segments have identical name, road type & direction
- exactly one of the segments is a toll road
- the segment which not a toll road has a time restriction
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby ditchi56 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:20 am

kentsmith9 wrote:
ditchi56 wrote:Validator complains about this, coming up with errors 118, 119 & 78.

I just created a similar setup in my test area and found the following:

1. 118 and 119 seem resolvable by having the 2 degrees of separation recommended. I don't see why you have them actually overlapping if you then have a massive bump in the middle that will clearly be seen in the client. I have the two roads parallel each other by a small gap and it seems fine.

2. 78 is there for routing. Just split the toll segment and you: a) fix any routing issue if you start in one of those two segments, and b) solve the error message.

1. The two segments must start and end overlapping perfectly. If you have the 2 degrees of separation, you risk Waze generating unwanted "keep left" / "keep right" instructions. There is no massive bump in the middle, the central separation is kept small so that it is only visible in WME at high zoom, and not at all noticeable in the client.

Two parallel roads with a small gap would appear as two roads in the client, which would be an inappropriate rendering of a single road on the ground.

2. This solution has been running for six months now with no reported routing problems. I'm not sure whether this is because the segments are so short that Waze can start routing from the end rather than the middle without anyone noticing, or whether it is because it doesn't matter which segment it starts from. Either way, there is no routing issue here to resolve.

Please refer to the Waze Wiki if you require further information.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts