[Script] WME Validator 1.1.20 / 03.11.2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.4 (BETA) / 30.03.2014

Postby berestovskyy » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:31 pm

30.03.2014 v0.9.4:
- Complete French translation of UI and checks.
Many thanks to arbaot and ClementH44!
- New variables for custom checks:
${altCity[index or delimeter]}
${altStreet[index or delimeter]}
- Fixed bug with highlighting at the screen edges
- CHECKS REVIEW:
I'm reviewing all the checks, removing unused, merging similar checks, adding params to some checks, splitting nodes A/B etc. So in this release:
Added 5 new checks #150-#154 for lock levels
Removed lock-related checks #65, #66, #67, #70, #71, #72, #76, #96, #97, and #122
berestovskyy

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.3 (BETA) / 25.03.2014

Postby berestovskyy » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:47 am

ditchi56 wrote:I wonder whether Validator could automatically fix some of the problems it detects when the user has asked it to run a scan? Is this feasible?

It was done few month ago. Validator is a stripped down read-only version of WME Mass Edit Tools (WMET). You can find the archival WMET thread over here: forum link

At the moment I have no plans to reincarnate WMET.
berestovskyy

Postby ditchi56 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:30 am

I wonder whether Validator could automatically fix some of the problems it detects when the user has asked it to run a scan?

For example, #77 (the dead-end road has a U-turn enabled). All I ever do with this is select the node at the start of the road and hit Q (with the Junction Node Fixer script enabled).

Is this feasible? (And I'm sure some will want to debate what should happen to the editing points if it were implemented - my vote would be they should go to the editor who has taken the trouble to run the scan).
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby qwaletee » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:02 pm

robindlc wrote:Hi all,

I did have a really estrange behavior today...

I'm in the office, with a company computer... I had occasionally entered the editor from here, but I didn't have the validator installed.

I received by e-mail a request (with permalink) to enable a turn... I followed the link, which automatically opened the WME and to my surprise loaded also the validator... Is that normal? :roll:

Filter by city does this.

And Validator already has some alt name support -- one of the checks is "Empty alternate street." You can't create this sort of problem anymore, but if a segment is currently set up with an alt city name but no street name, it will ight up.
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby robindlc » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:46 am

Hi all,

I did have a really estrange behavior today...

I'm in the office, with a company computer... I had occasionally entered the editor from here, but I didn't have the validator installed.

I received by e-mail a request (with permalink) to enable a turn... I followed the link, which automatically opened the WME and to my surprise loaded also the validator... Is that normal? :roll:
robindlc
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby BellHouse » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:30 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:WMECH does already highlight streets with alternate names. It doesn't, of course, do any checking of the names, but you didn't ask for that. Yet. :)

Yes? Hm, mine doesn't. Which setting is this?
BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:28 pm

BellHouse wrote:Is there a way to highlight segments which carry an alternate street name? I'm thinking of configuring something with the new RegExp feature, but I would not know which variable to use (something like ${alt_street}).

WMECH does already highlight streets with alternate names. It doesn't, of course, do any checking of the names, but you didn't ask for that. Yet. :)
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby BellHouse » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:50 pm

berestovskyy wrote:Hi!
BellHouse wrote:Is there a way to highlight segments which carry an alternate street name?

Sorry, alt. names are not available in the template at the moment. Since there might be few alt. street/city names, I'm not sure how to represent them in one string.

Any ideas?

I would create the two strings ${alt_street} and ${alt_city}, each of which are a collection of all alternative street or city names, delimited by a hash (#) character. So if for instance the two alternative street names are "Main St." and "Main", then the ${alt_street} would be "Main St.#Main". A segment with no alternative street name would then get an empty ${alt_street}.
BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:48 pm

Oh, well, let me restate that — today's WME release replaced the older yellow circle with the current smaller dark blue circle as the representation of a "selected but uneditable node". Streets are shown at zoom 3 for reference but not editable because zoom 3 is typically too far out to edit city streets. So nodes incorporating streets aren't editable because the street it connects to is not editable.

I agree that there's a bug which requires you to reload if you do not deselect such a node before zooming in. If you deselect, zoom in, then reselect, it works. Feel free to report this on the WME release thread, but honesty I'd wait a day or so for the Places discussion to die down ;)
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Jay91150 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:38 pm

Ok, thanks. I didn't mention that once that happens, the only way to edit that node again is to reload the entire webpage (or save work and let it refresh).

I'll just work at a tighter zoom level.
Jay91150

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts