[Script] WME Validator 1.1.20 / 03.11.2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.18 / 02.06.2016

Postby crazycaveman » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:04 pm

lg1992 wrote:The buttons "Show report" and "Send" don't work in the WME beta.

I can confirm this. Also, the scan, pause, and stop buttons do not work. Attempting to initiate a scan causes validator to disable all layers and zoom in as if it will start scanning, but it stays in that one spot and never moves. Attempting to pause or stop scan doesn't do anything (the buttons don't even change to allow you to continue scanning)
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.18 / 02.06.2016

Postby crazycaveman » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:56 pm

If you look at the top left (just below the yellow bar), you'll see that the Validator text is greyed out, indicating that it is turned off/not highlighting on the map. When the text is black, Validator is turned on and highlighting as you pan
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.20 / 03.11.2016

Postby crazycaveman » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:20 pm

otofoto wrote:How to disable this pop-up each time I open waze map editor?

WME Validator v1.1.20:
- Fixed #23 Unconfirmed road

04.06.2016 v1.1.19:
- Fixed WME Beta
- Fixed icons in segment properties
- The work is still in progress...

What browser are you using? Have you restricted the default browser settings at all (i.e. prevented web pages from being able to store data)?
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby crazycaveman » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:50 pm

jangliss wrote:So I did some further testing, and it seems if you use the following in the "header" section it kicks in for both languages, the problem is that it doesn't really match the languages later on.

With ".lng" set to both "EN" and "EN-US" it picks up both languages. That said, if you use the "en" (or "en-us") in the title, problem, or solution text, it doesn't pick it up in either platform. For example:

Either way, I think I got it working so I just need to do some tweaking, and such.

Based on just playing around with it for a little bit, this is how it seems to work. Whatever you set as the language(s) with ".lng" is what Validator looks for in "*.title", "*.problem", "*.solution", etc. so you don't need to put "*.title.en-us" (nor should you); basically, you already told validator what languages will be localized using the ".lng" property. You can look at the default Validator localizations to get a feel for how they do things (the ES.js is a good one). Hope that helps
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby CreekOfJohn » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:41 pm

jdelosa wrote:Validator has become an part of our everyday wme use, and to work without it is like working with one eye closed.....

I agree with your statement above 100%, which is why Waze should invest into building validation into WME. This essential editor function should not be left to unpaid volunteers.
CreekOfJohn
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.7 / 06.03.2015

Postby crotalo » Thu May 07, 2015 1:22 pm

please Update soon
crotalo
Coordinators
Coordinators

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.2 (BETA) / 22.03.2014

Postby ctpoole » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:22 pm

It appears that 0.9.2 has a small problem with Elevation. I love the ability to flag segments that are out of range or NaN for Elevation, but now when I make a change to a segment (it seems to be related to turn restrictions), the elevation of some of the adjacent (at the intersection) segments have their elevation set to NaN and I have to adjust them with another save.

Did I screw something up?
ctpoole

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.8 (BETA) / 15.04.2014

Postby ctpoole » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:36 pm

I have a problem that can't possibly be unique. Rule 78 about "Same endpoints drivable segments" correctly highlights segments that should have at least one junction point added to them for routing to perform correctly. If you add a junction point to those segments then rule 118 or 119 catches the two segments saying the junction point is unneeded.

Is there some way to correct this behavior? Am I not interpreting the results correctly?

For now, I have disabled rule 78.
ctpoole

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.8 (BETA) / 15.04.2014

Postby ctpoole » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:12 pm

berestovskyy wrote:I'll try to fix the issue, but excluding 'Unneeded node A/B' checks for segments with off-screen nodes seems to be the only way...

I appreciate all your efforts but I think maybe there is a little bit of misunderstanding. None of the nodes are "off screen".
ctpoole

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.1 / 25.06.2014

Postby ctpoole » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:45 pm

CBenson wrote:
txemt wrote:Why is "same endpoints drivable segment" such a big deal? Case in point, this type of intersection or street layout is common, so why is it a big deal? The only answer to solve this is to create a node, which someone is going to come along later and delete that node, as it's part of "cleanup."

berestovskyy gave the reasons for a bunch of the checks here. Do we want to have this discussion again in this validator thread or should we take it somewhere else?

I agree with TXEMT. If I put in a node I eliminate the same segment warning but in its place I get an unneeded node warning. I tried to question this once before but didn't communicate the problem well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ctpoole

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts