These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Jay91150
MysticCobra wrote:
psmarques wrote:This problem was reported on the previous version of Waze.

In the meanwhile my Android was upgraded from 4.4.1 to 4.4.2 + Waze upgraded to 3.7.8

And the same problem persists.

The voice instructions are not said ; OR if the instruction is long enough, it says the last syllables.
Already tried changing sound settings and alike to see if they would fix this issue - no luck so far.

My Google Maps voice works just fine.

Any ideas ?

MOTO X
Android version : 4.4.2
Kernel : 3.4.42-g7a3369f
system : 161.44.26.ghost_row.Brasil.en.BR
I have the exact same behavior on my S4.
I have the same on my S4 here in Canada; Android 4.3, kernel 3.4.0-2142508. Once in a while I'll hear "Right", or just "ight", and if it is using a long road name (i.e. "turn right onto Township Road 232"), I'll either hear "two thirty two" or "irty two".
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
Here's a weird one.

When commanded to pair by my vehicle's nav system, without Waze running, my phone will launch my music player (Poweramp Pro) and automatically begin playing (through the vehicle's stereo system).

When Waze is running, everything appears to behave, except that the music player app doesn't launch. The pairing works, and audio from the phone is routed to the stereo. But I have to launch the app manually.

Is Waze taking control of something that is preventing a Bluetooth device (my vehicle) from launching apps?
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
Jay91150 wrote:
MysticCobra wrote:
psmarques wrote:This problem was reported on the previous version of Waze.

In the meanwhile my Android was upgraded from 4.4.1 to 4.4.2 + Waze upgraded to 3.7.8

And the same problem persists.

The voice instructions are not said ; OR if the instruction is long enough, it says the last syllables.
Already tried changing sound settings and alike to see if they would fix this issue - no luck so far.

My Google Maps voice works just fine.

Any ideas ?

MOTO X
Android version : 4.4.2
Kernel : 3.4.42-g7a3369f
system : 161.44.26.ghost_row.Brasil.en.BR
I have the exact same behavior on my S4.
I have the same on my S4 here in Canada; Android 4.3, kernel 3.4.0-2142508. Once in a while I'll hear "Right", or just "ight", and if it is using a long road name (i.e. "turn right onto Township Road 232"), I'll either hear "two thirty two" or "irty two".
For what it's worth, my phone updated to Android 4.4.2 overnight, and now I hear voice prompts fully, as they are intended to be.
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
Everything I submitted on my drive this morning said it was giving me points but also popped up the "Oops! Something happened" error. Near the end of my drive I started getting alerts for nearby hazards, which I've never seen before, and all of them said that "Waze" reported them (rather than an individual). Was there some kind of update being pushed around 1200-1300 UTC, or did my app just go all crazy?
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
CrackedLCD wrote:
Jay91150 wrote:Everything I submitted on my drive this morning said it was giving me points but also popped up the "Oops! Something happened" error. Near the end of my drive I started getting alerts for nearby hazards, which I've never seen before, and all of them said that "Waze" reported them (rather than an individual). Was there some kind of update being pushed around 1200-1300 UTC, or did my app just go all crazy?
Same here, but it's doing it today (Saturday) as well. Some alerts post and reward points... And some fail completely, but either way I get the sending report failed error.

I tried wiping the cache but that didn't help. I get the errors on both LTE and my home wifi so I know it's not the network.

My phone received an android update from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2 a few days before this started but I can't see how that could be related.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 4
My phone got its update to 4.4.2 over a month ago, so I can't believe that's related.
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
Curious ... when one reports something that causes a reduced speed to appear on the map (i.e. traffic jam), where does Waze come up with the speed that's posted? It's never the speed that I'm actually going. Is it an average over time?

Example ... I am traveling on a road where congestion is causing traffic to waffle between 50 and 75 km/h. When I make the report, doing roughly 50 km/h, the app shows the speed for that segment to be 29 km/h. Where does it get 29 from?
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by JNFsmile
While standing in traffic the app shutdown. Twice.

Android 4.4 (kitkat) on a MOTO-G
JNFsmile
Send a message

Post by John_Sey
djkarlos2 wrote:Navigation is fine, however the Send ETA and follow my drive no longer works. I can send the link as I always have, whether by text, email etc. But the recpient who gets my link just gets a web page with Request cancelled, even if my session is definately still running.
Trying Waze for the first time here on stock Android 4.4.2 (Nexus 4). Same here. Simply a feature that doesn't work, it seems :-(
John_Sey
Send a message

Post by John_Sey
Any way to stop the Speed Camera popups appearing (UK, Android phone)? I have then unchecked on the map, but the popups are annoying :-(
John_Sey
Send a message

Post by John_Sey
Bluekphil wrote:I'm wondering if anyone in support have resolved the issue with the navigation guidance sound issue. I believe, "zestybonanza" posted an issue that some/most Galaxy users are having problems with.
I have seen this kind of behaviour on my Nexus 4. I think it's to do with Bluetooth audio being slow to start up (even though it's connected/paired). If I'm listening to music (Bluetooth already active) then navigation guidance announcements inerrupt the music fine (unless you're using Spotify, for one, which has a nasty bug in this area and ends up muting the sound altogether!)
John_Sey
Send a message