Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Unholy
dovos wrote:Hello!
How I can remove the identical and duplicated names of gas station in Russia, in Papyrus?

Hi,

Can you please give me an example?
Where do you see identical and duplicated gas stations?

Thanks,

Ori
Unholy
Send a message

Post by Unholy
dovos wrote:Up.
How to remove duplicates? Where to write about this problem? There passed week, and the answer and isn't present

Hi,

We will fix these duplicates.
Thank you for letting us know.

Ori
Unholy
Send a message

Post by Unholy
Artuuras wrote:In the Editor on INTL server under + sign, in addition to +road, +roundabout and +landmark we already have options +gas station and +parking lot.
Somebody, wiki editors, change The Wiki please. http://tinyurl.com/addWazegas I have not experience in that, I'm just map editor :(

Thanks Artuuras,

We updated the wiki.

Ori
Unholy
Send a message

Post by Unholy
WeeeZer14 wrote:If you need to use roads in/to/from a gas station, use parking lot roads. Do NOT use Ramps or Service Roads; those are for other very different things.

Hi,

Just like WeeeZer14 wrote, the best types of segment to use in this matter are parking lot or private road.
These types are basically avoided - so it will reduce the chance of unnecessary detours.

We will update the wiki page soon.

Thanks!

Ori
Unholy
Send a message

Post by VapeTheBud
Should I add entry and exit points to the gas station from the main road(s)? If so, is it private road or parking lot road? Thanks! :)
VapeTheBud
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
iPhone 6s - iOS 9.3.1 | Always latest Waze version

Post by VapeTheBud
mapcat wrote:
techboi84 wrote:Should I add entry and exit points to the gas station from the main road(s)? If so, is it private road or parking lot road? Thanks! :)
If it's far away from the nearest road, and navigating in or out might be confusing, then yes, with some parking lot roads. Otherwise, why?
Reason why I do it, people find entry points, and some station exits don't allow certain turns, so it's helpful to users. If it's in a rural area, I don't bother though for obvious reasons.
VapeTheBud
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
iPhone 6s - iOS 9.3.1 | Always latest Waze version

Post by WeeeZer14
If you need to use roads in/to/from a gas station, use parking lot roads. Do NOT use Ramps or Service Roads; those are for other very different things.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator

Post by wine4sure
I manually added a petrol station that wasn't there yesterday. This surprised me because I thought someone (or something) had automatically added all UK petrol stations.

But today purely by chance I happened to be looking (at high zoom) in a field some way away, and found the (very tiny) automatically-added petrol station on top of a tree.

So, it had been automatically added, but in the wrong place, and very small. So I deleted it - no harm done.

I'm getting to the point. There's a UR for a duplicate petrol station that's been puzzling me for a couple of days. This is for a petrol station I added manually ages ago. So, now I'm guessing that the automatic thingy has also added this petrol station, but that it is very tiny, and in the middle of a field somewhere. How on earth do I find it so I can delete it and close the UR? I've looked and looked.
wine4sure
Send a message

Post by wine4sure
petervdveen wrote:do you have a permalink?
Sure. I didn't post it before because I thought this might be a FAQ.

https://world.waze.com/editor/?lon=-0.3 ... TTTTTTTTFT
wine4sure
Send a message

Post by wine4sure
OK thanks for that. I guessed it had probably already been deleted.
Timbones wrote:The automatically imported gas station would have been in that same place
Well the point of my other example was that the automatically imported one was in the middle of a field some distance away, and not in the right place at all.
wine4sure
Send a message