[Script] WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox

Postby qwaletee » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:46 pm

sketch wrote:Well, the tool on its own is named "Rebuild roundabout" I believe, which is pretty self-explanatory I think.

I suppose it could throw a warning dialog: This will delete the existing roundabout and road connections, and create new ones in their place. Any existing history will be lost, including creator, creation date, speed data, and (?) hour numbers. Continue? OK/Cancel
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby irowiki » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:10 pm

Just wanted to poke in here and say thanks, I love the Toolbox!
irowiki

Postby carloslaso » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:02 am

qwaletee wrote:I suppose it could throw a warning dialog: This will delete the existing roundabout and road connections, and create new ones in their place. Any existing history will be lost, including creator, creation date, speed data, and (?) hour numbers. Continue? OK/Cancel

If OyyoDams adds that dialog it would be nice to have a check box in settings to turn off dialogs for the people who already know what it does. I would hate this tool to become Vista's UAC.
Image Image
Image Coordinador de Comunidad en México / Foro de México / Anuncios de Waze
Supervisor Noroeste: BC, BCS, SON, SIN, CHH, DUR

iPhone 6s+ / iOS 9.3 / Waze 4.6ß / @carloslaso
carloslaso
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby irowiki » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:13 am

It'd have to be pretty bad to be UAC :lol:
irowiki

Postby Thortok2000 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:22 am

I'm going to agree with the whole 'rebuild' thing is kinda self explanatory. It's not saying 'fix' roundabout, after all.

I also agree that things like popup confirmations need to be options so that they can be disabled. Or just not included in the first place.
ImageImage
Area Manager of Greenville, SC! ^_^
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby qwaletee » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:08 pm

Thortok2000 wrote:I'm going to agree with the whole 'rebuild' thing is kinda self explanatory. It's not saying 'fix' roundabout, after all.

I also agree that things like popup confirmations need to be options so that they can be disabled. Or just not included in the first place.

You mean like the closing a UR confirmation dialog, because you asked the driver a question and he didn't answer for a week?
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby vectorspace » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:14 pm

Really like the toolbox, thanks for putting all these tools in one place...

After using it for a while, there seems to be a memory leak in the code somewhere. I notice that in Task Manager that the instance of Chrome that is running while using Toolbox increasingly uses more and more memory, getting sluggish as it ramps up to use 1GB of memory to 1.5GB. I have to close the instance of Chrome WME is in, then opening it again to get rid of the memory hogging of that window. Starting again gets back down to about 105 MB or so.

Has anyone else noticed this?
vectorspace
vectorspace

Postby irowiki » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:13 am

Not yet but I'll keep an eye on it.
irowiki

Postby Fredo-p » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:34 pm

vectorspace wrote:Really like the toolbox, thanks for putting all these tools in one place...

After using it for a while, there seems to be a memory leak in the code somewhere. I notice that in Task Manager that the instance of Chrome that is running while using Toolbox increasingly uses more and more memory, getting sluggish as it ramps up to use 1GB of memory to 1.5GB. I have to close the instance of Chrome WME is in, then opening it again to get rid of the memory hogging of that window. Starting again gets back down to about 105 MB or so.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I have. Opening FF is quick and I can surf the net easily. However, ever since I installed taper monkey and updated WMET, Chrome takes twice as long just to load the starting page. My Chrome task manager shows a massive hit on memory. If I was to go to WME, it slows down a bit more. But if I was to disable taper monkey (stopping WMET, angle checker, route check, Wiki tool bar) then Chrome speeds back up.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Fredo-p
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Fredo-p » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:35 pm

Forgot to mention I'm running the latest Chrome on Lubuntu

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Fredo-p
Beta tester
Beta tester

PreviousNext