You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Feature Request - Black out edited/unedited areas by tiles

Post by MGODLEW
I have a feature request I think could help a lot of editors especially in areas where the map hasn't even been looked at. Here in Pennsylvania we have a lot of rural areas, many of which have never even been touched since the base map import. To help identify these areas and get them properly updated, I would like to see a feature kind of related to how Tomnow.com operates. The feature should remember which areas a user have visited/edited each time they return to WME. Now, I know WME Colour Highlights can do this to an extent but its easy to get lost in finding areas you might have missed especially if you are editing an entire county, but if the map was broken up into tiles and the tiles could be blacked out by an editor if they were edited already it would make editing the map a lot easier. Additionally, I would allow the feature to see areas untouched/updated by any editor and individually. The feature will only black out an area when viewed or edited at zoom level 4 or closer, maybe incorporate a time limit too to deem which areas have been updated by other editors, edits older than 1 year should be rechecked.
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:4659062

Send a message
I am best reached via Discord, give me an “@“

Post by trooster10
I like this idea as I also do a lot of editing in rural areas and it's sometimes difficult to track. In many places I find that the main roads have been fixed but all other roads haven't been touched, so perhaps the feature could have an option to be broken up into two groups (minor highway and above, and primary street and below). What I've been doing is keeping track of the areas I've edited by state map grid number, though this may not be available in other states, the grid blocks are a bit large, and this doesn't help other editors unless I tell them.
trooster10
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Thomas R. - Level 5 Editor
State Manager - Maryland