These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by jrnavid
Ok thank you. I'll do that
jrnavid
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png

Inland Empire, Los Angeles, California
iPhone 5S iOS 7 Sprint

Post by JustinLancaster
Lyn4s wrote:Opens up and shuts down immediately.

Then opens fine on second attempt. Doesn't seem to be a pattern to it.

iPhone 5S, 7.0.6, EE 4G.

This is also happening to me, but it is everytime. First open shuts down immeditely, second works fine. After closing Waze for more than a few minutes, this will happen again. I have latest version of iOS running on a 5C.
JustinLancaster
Send a message

Post by jvlorenzen
On my iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1 and waze 3.7.8 I am seeing a bug.

When I received a response, the drop down causes the screen to dim (normal) and when I touch the map, the drop down response goes away but the screen remains dim and only the two buttons on the bottom are active.

"Killing" the app by double clicking the home button restarting the app fixes it until the next message.

Also, there are a lot of "crashes" on the map and all on my route are over 100 hours old and all a attributed to WazeFeed. These are noted by the audio alert and this diminishes the value of the app.

The drop down response I receive is the result of a "crash" i reported last week (I think). This triggers the bug.
jvlorenzen
Send a message

Post by jvlorenzen
I have powered off the iPhone and back on, it was fixed until I received another "response". I reinstalled the app, it was fixed until I received another response.

It is "easy" enough to fix by restarting the app, but it is annoying. Should not need to do this while driving.
jvlorenzen
Send a message

Post by krikketdoug
Context:

I'm a driver making deliveries, and have been using Waze to store data, so I don't have to look everything up from scratch.

I'm also a Waze editor, and now that Places(points) have been added, I've been adding those businesses, and where appropriate, deleting the address from Waze and letting Google handle the address, as moving the end-point marker off the main street to a parking lot road doesn't work at this time. (Although I understand there are plans for that.)

Due to Waze saving the information on your destination, at the time it was entered, I need to delete a bunch of favorites and searches based on my history.

Simple enough: Just type the (i) button next to the name, and the full address information is displayed, and you have the option to delete the entry.

Now the problem, and the bug I want to report. It's damned hard to get Waze to recognize that I want to hit the (i) button, instead it thinks I'm trying to drive to that destination. Sometimes it's no problem at all, but more often than not, I'm spending more time trying to hit that button than making the updates to the map, so it will work better for everyone. And I have a few hundred of these updates to make, across 4 or 5 states. I was thinking if I got 10-20 done a day, I'd be done in a week or three. But right now it's so frustrating, I'm lucky to get less than half of that done. There is no way I'm working a multi-hour session with this bug.

Does anyone know of a stylus that works with the iPhone? I might have better luck that way... (And for what it's worth, I"m 6'2"/157cm, and 200lbs/91kg (if I'm doing my conversion correctly) so I'm not exactly the smallest person on the planet, which may be adding to the problem. Fortunately, I'm also not the largest person...))

Krikket
krikketdoug
Send a message

Post by krikketdoug
A post I made in the Waze-App forum, that got no response, and upon reflection may better fit here, so I'm re-posting it.

I've searched this forum and came up with nothing. Hopefully that is nothing more than a lack in my google-foo.

A while back, I noticed that my user icon looks like:

http://oi61.tinypic.com/x5egde.jpg

(Look at the image of the reporting user)

I should have a sword where the NBC icon is, and the NBC icon in the lower left corner of my icon.

It shifted from where the shield was to where the sword should be when I advanced in levels. I soon expect the NBC icon to be sprouting from my forehead.

I figured this was a quirk in how Waze renders user icons to the users, until I recently saw other users with the same problem. Easy enough to figure out the users rank from the positioning of the user group association, but this isn't as it should be. Any idea of how to get the rank and user icons to work together if they aren't functioning properly?

EDIT: New information. In an attempt to restore the sword, and see if adding and deleting things would make it work better... The sword is now gone as well... And I've seen other users with this same bug. If you need examples, I was able to do a quick screen-capture of the other user this time.
krikketdoug
Send a message

Post by krossbow
Two days ago the app began crashing on launch on both iPhone 5 and iPad current version. I tried turning off/on my iPhone and iPad and it still crashed with multiple tries on launching. I was not trying to launch the apps at the same time on both devices.

Tried deleting, and reinstalling the app. Now the app crashes when I try to login. I have tried several times.
krossbow
Send a message

Post by krossbow
The crashing stopped after upgrading to iOS 7.1

krossbow wrote:Two days ago the app began crashing on launch on both iPhone 5 and iPad current version. I tried turning off/on my iPhone and iPad and it still crashed with multiple tries on launching. I was not trying to launch the apps at the same time on both devices.

Tried deleting, and reinstalling the app. Now the app crashes when I try to login. I have tried several times.
krossbow
Send a message

Post by Lant1
Still problem with updating prices on gas stations.
Gives me an error message saying the prices are not correct, even though they are.
(price ranges from 13,00-16,00. Loc.: Norway)
Lant1
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by Lant1
Why am I getting traffic reports half the world away?
Lant1
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message
Attachments