[Script] UROverview Plus v3.77 (20160525)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.6 (20140202)

Postby qwaletee » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:27 pm

sketch wrote:BTW, there seems to be a new bug with respect to the beta editor, where sometimes the hovering UR box doesn't disappear no matter what I do, even sometimes if I refresh. Usually it picks one UR right when I open the beta and shows its info box the entire time.

This has been my problem with URO+ with the non-beta for a couple of months. Never figured it out, and I mostly abandoned URO+ because of it. The box blocked way too much of my screen, and I couldn't get it to go to anpother one without scrolling the offending UR way off screen... only to have URO+ usually choose another random UR to fixate on.

If you can figure out how to fix this, I won't kiss you, but I might think about it.
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby orbitc » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:54 am

qwaletee wrote:
sketch wrote:BTW, there seems to be a new bug with respect to the beta editor, where sometimes the hovering UR box doesn't disappear no matter what I do, even sometimes if I refresh. Usually it picks one UR right when I open the beta and shows its info box the entire time.

This has been my problem with URO+ with the non-beta for a couple of months. Never figured it out, and I mostly abandoned URO+ because of it. The box blocked way too much of my screen, and I couldn't get it to go to another one without scrolling the offending UR way off screen... only to have URO+ usually choose another random UR to fixate on.

If you can figure out how to fix this, I won't kiss you, but I might think about it.

Twister-UK is great and very helpful. He makes great improvements. I suggested "Disable popup for cameras" and he made it happen. I'm sure he can give us an option to disable popup for the UR too. Even though, that may kind of defeat the purpose.
Regional Coordinator for Northeast (DE, NJ, NY, PA) & New England (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT)
• ßeta Tester
• iOS ßeta: Always the latest version
• WME ßeta

WME | Mentoring | AM | USA
orbitc
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby sketch » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:13 pm

orbitc wrote:Twister-UK is great and very helpful. He makes great improvements. I suggested "Disable popup for cameras" and he made it happen. I'm sure he can give us an option to disable popup for the UR too. Even though, that may kind of defeat the purpose.

That would actually be great. We'd still get the filtering options, number overlays, and other features.

Twister-UK, how about a "Disable popup for URs" feature? :D
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby qwaletee » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:19 am

It mysteriously started working for me now.

I would like to see a simple option to temporarily disable all the options without having to reset them individually each time, if that's doable. Also, some of the Yes/No options are confusing, is there documentation on them? I may not have skimmed enough of the 34 pages in this thread :)
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Re: UR: Missing landmark

Postby dbraughlr » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:03 am

It would be handy now to have a checkbox to suppress all type Missing landmark URs.
dbraughlr

Postby Twister-UK » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:01 pm

qwaletee wrote:It mysteriously started working for me now.

I would like to see a simple option to temporarily disable all the options without having to reset them individually each time, if that's doable. Also, some of the Yes/No options are confusing, is there documentation on them? I may not have skimmed enough of the 34 pages in this thread :)

I think everything has been documented to some extent as and when that particular option/feature was introduced/revised, but there's no single point of reference for the script, no. Unfortunately, as the script has evolved/mutated/turned into something far removed from its humble beginnings a year and a half ago, I haven't been placing as much emphasis on consistency of operation as I perhaps ought to have.

When I get some time to mess around with the code again I'd like to work on tidying up the UI a bit, but that isn't likely to be for a while yet - the only coding I have time for right now is the stuff that pays the bills...
L4 AM for NW London and Shetland Islands - HTC One M8/Android 5.0.1
Waze App 3.9.9.0, not about to switch to 4.x any time soon...
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Twister-UK » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:02 pm

dbraughlr wrote:It would be handy now to have a checkbox to suppress all type Missing landmark URs.

Do you have a permalink to any of these mysterious creatures? I haven't seen any on the maps here in the UK.
L4 AM for NW London and Shetland Islands - HTC One M8/Android 5.0.1
Waze App 3.9.9.0, not about to switch to 4.x any time soon...
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby dbraughlr » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:48 pm

If you go to https://www.waze.com/livemap/, you may make a missing landmark report at someplace that is suitable to you.
dbraughlr

Postby SuperDave1426 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:49 pm

This is a nice script, but I've noticed something odd. Sorry if this has already been mentioned here, but I've noticed that it doesn't seem to do "live" updates of a UR comment count. I.E., if a comment gets added to a UR, it won't bump the number up unless I refresh the screen either via clicking the permalink button or just doing a flat out cntrl-R in the browser.

Is that how it's supposed to work, or did I miss a setting somewhere? :-)
ImageImageImageImage
Country Manager: USA (mostly oriented around NV & CA)
Editor Guide Best Editing Practices Editor Quick-start
Places Guidelines Nevada Wiki
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby htxu » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:08 am

A few years ago the speed limit signs around George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston, Texas, were marked in both mph and km/h. It made sense, because of passengers arriving on international flights and renting cars at the airport. I don't know if they are still there.
htxu

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts