Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

city/suburb naming for Dublin

Post by davidg666
Despite the age of this thread I haven't yet got around to writing up a wiki page yet for city/suburb/town/village naming in Ireland, although I promise to... soon...

In the meantime: I was talking to Arthur O'Hara recently about suburb naming in Dublin and we agreed that we should continue with the current naming practice (although some areas have slipped away from this). If anybody has opinions about city naming, please state them here and we can all discuss. To summarise the practice we agreed on:
  • all road segments within urban parts of Dublin should (where possible) have their City field filled in.
  • the city name should be the name of the suburb in which the road segment is located.
  • road segments in the city centre (which isn't a suburb) should have "Dublin 1" or "Dublin 2" for their city name, depending on which side of the Liffey they are.
  • postal district numbers should not be used in any other city names (even though they have been in a few places)
I hope this makes sense. If anybody thinks we should do things a little differently, then say so and we'll try to all agree on a sensible approach.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 1
Answers: 1

POSTER_ID:5008722

Send a message
Country manager and local champ for Ireland