[Script] WME Validator 1.1.16 / 29.01.2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: report rerun

Postby dbraughlr » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:08 pm

The results should update dynamically when you change elements. Otherwise, press the χ icon to delete old results.
dbraughlr

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.3 (BETA) / 25.03.2014

Postby irowiki » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:14 pm

I think he means updating only the generated report that gets displayed in a new window?
irowiki

Postby BellHouse » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:04 pm

BummerDude69 wrote:Is there an option to rerun/ update a report? Would be useful when trying to cleanup one particular area.

I guess if you create and save a permalink, you can always create reports starting from the exact same position, which is probably like re-running the report.
Global Champ / DACH Champ / CM Germany / Self-Management-Team Germany
BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby BellHouse » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:32 pm

bgodette wrote:
freade wrote:User BellHouse found the source of the problem related to Elevation Being Set to Null, it is caused by JNF (Junction Node Fixer). Just disable it and the problem is gone.
Except that it's not. It's a side effect of eventual consistency and has nothing to do with anything but WME's backend's current propagation delay at the time you save modification(s) to a segment(s).

Normally this is masked by JNF's issuing a second reload after a successful save, but sometimes you might get data served from a different server that isn't yet consistent.

Just to put this into another light: I did not mean to say that there is a bug in JNF leading to the null elevation data. I said JNF triggers this issue, and I might add it is not always doing so, and it might not only be JNF doing this. But - in my experience - JNF does have a high tendency of provoking this issue, for reasons way out my understanding.

But now the check for irregular elevation data has been switched off in Validator 0.9.3, so we can let this issue sleep again. ;)
BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bummerdude69 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:55 pm

BellHouse wrote:
BummerDude69 wrote:Is there an option to rerun/ update a report? Would be useful when trying to cleanup one particular area.

I guess if you create and save a permalink, you can always create reports starting from the exact same position, which is probably like re-running the report.

Thanks, that's an option that I hadn't thought of. That'll work well enough for my needs.
ImageImage
bummerdude69
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: corrupted elevation

Postby dbraughlr » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:11 pm

BellHouse wrote:we can let this issue sleep again.

The issue belongs in another thread - not in this one.

It might be helpful if a moderator would move some of the elevation discussion from this thread to the other.
dbraughlr

Postby BellHouse » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:58 pm

Is there a way to highlight segments which carry an alternate street name? I'm thinking of configuring something with the new RegExp feature, but I would not know which variable to use (something like ${alt_street}).

Check #34 only tests if the alternate street field has an empty name (only whitespace/s), so that cannot be tuned to do the job, I guess.

If it's not available, then this is a feature request. ;)
BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby berestovskyy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:10 pm

Hi!
BellHouse wrote:Is there a way to highlight segments which carry an alternate street name?

Sorry, alt. names are not available in the template at the moment. Since there might be few alt. street/city names, I'm not sure how to represent them in one string.

Any ideas?
berestovskyy
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: alternate street + city

Postby dbraughlr » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:25 pm

berestovskyy wrote:Any ideas?

String them together using delimiters, e.g. name + '\t' + city + '\n'.
dbraughlr

Postby Jay91150 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:35 pm

At (a) certain zoom level, when I click on a node (in preparation for doing a 'qw' to fix soft turns, reverse connectivity, etc), the node appears only "partially" selected, and doesn't put anything in the left sidebar of WME except "One node selected" (the "turns allowed" and a button to disable/enable all turns is there, but greyed out). This happened in WME 1.5 and is continuing in WME 1.6. It appears to be zoom level 3, and the icon that indicates the node is selected shows up as a dark blue circle with a translucent (very faint) blue inside, instead of the white circle with light (opaque) blue within. Just wondering if that is related to Validator or if I should be looking at Junction Node Fixer (which I also have installed), or if it's an issue with WME itself.

At zoom 3, I can still see Street level roads, but can't click their segments, so it may be WME instead of Validator, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
Jay91150
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts