Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Fredo-p wrote:Is there any mention of the drop down menu being automatic vs the current click to open/close?
Yes.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Nagamasa wrote:In any case the suggested "Furniture/ Home Store" is spelt incorrectly.
This has been fixed.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
rgatland wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
rgatland wrote:Agree with previous posters, I like being able to see recently closed URs in my area, but it would be nice for there to be some visual indication (and/or filter option) to differentiate closed versus open URs.
Closed URs and MPs are visually differentiated by being green. I brought up the need for a filter in beta, as noted earlier in the thread.
Ugh! I have red/green color blindness and I am having a hard time differentiating them.
I didn't see that I replied to this with the bug tracking: https://bugs.waze.com/show_bug.cgi?id=6743
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
sketch wrote:The comments badge is valid and useful, but it should supplement, not take the place of, a (✓) or (?) badge. Either the (✓) or (?) badge should be moved, or a hybrid badge should be used for "closed, with comments" URs — a check mark or question mark within the speech bubble, perhaps?
Ohad mentioned (maybe in email) that they need to get the new format set. They hadn't decided how to render a NI closed UR with comments yet.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
sketch wrote:By the way, in case you missed it — it isn't in the release notes — the new layer selector also contains a Reload map data button, with the keyboard shortcut Alt-Shift-R.

This is particularly useful for collaborative editing, allowing you to reload the layers without reloading the editor, thereby keeping your chat history and so forth.
Is anyone else finding this to be buggy? I often will visit someone via chat jump and when I get there, I can only select junctions and landmarks, but not segments. Refreshing doesn't work for me then.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Borgholio wrote:Bug - when scrolling the map, popups for any update you scroll your mouse cursor over stay on the screen for nearly a minute. There's no way to get them to go away.
Are you talking about a plugin? Because I'm not aware of a popup which appears in this manner.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Fredo-p wrote:The only issue I'm having is saving a Charging Station Point.
This is resolved.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
q4blue wrote:When selecting a place, the address shown on the right only includes the Street and City fields but not the House Number field. The Address displayed should also include the House Number field when displaying the address.
Working ok here for me.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
bz2012 wrote:I have noticed, recently, a number of places it looks like someone tried to connect a segment to the middle of another segment but there was never a connection made.

I have noticed that several times, when I was attempting to make such a connection, it 'felt like' it had snapped into place and connected but there was no connection made.
The most typical situation when a junction isn't created is when a single segment is drawn which connects to the same segment at both ends. The A junction is not created in this case. It has always been like this, and is because we and Waze don't recommend a 2-segment loop for various reasons.

I've also seen this often when someone tries to junction a new segment, usually a parking lot road, to a segment they don't have sufficient rank to edit.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I don't usually update this kind of detail, but here's the bugs which Waze has confirmed and will be fixing. No idea what version these may be addressed in:

In progress
Junction Object or Box

Confirmed
Clearer message when failing to connect a segment to a higher level locked one
The letter б doesn’t work
Solved UR and MP icons needs to be color-blind friendly
Ability to hide closed Map Problems and Update Requests
Permalink incorrectly contains update request variable when it shouldn't
Permalink should contain update request or map problem variable
Esc key should dismiss/cancel 'new roundabout' mode

You can also browse the most recently-submitted bugs yourself to see their status.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message