Post by CBenson
It seems fairly clear to me that waze wants most everything on the map. I don't think we should be deleting much. The question in my mind is how to organize it all. How to group related entries? The ongoing issue of which places should be areas and which should be points? How will duplicate entries be merged?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
PesachZ wrote:This may be all too common unfortunately, especially with place points, unless there is also a change which makes existing points visible in the client. Otherwise what is stopping a (trusted) user from submitting data for a place which he cannot see on the map (even though the point already exists).
Seems when you submit information from the client you are given a list of nearby places which you can associate the info. But there are still those that will submit the hours/telephone number for the pharmacy in the supermarket separately. When submitting the picture of the pizza parlor in the strip mall some will associate it with the strip mall place and some will add a pizza parlor place. Same for professional offices in office buildings.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
I fretted for a awhile as well. But this stuff is showing live to other users and on the production editor. We do need to update the wiki. If anyone thinks we're overstepping here, let me know.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
I think we will need to reevaluate what we say about residences once v3.9 is finalized and released.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
I'll mention that I associate "stop point" with addresses in the address number layer.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by daffy11377
Is there a type of selection we should chose for a "Liquor Store"

I've seen it listed as other, market or food and drink but nothing seems to fit it quite right.
daffy11377
Send a message
Daffy | NJ | Rank 2 Editor | She Nerd :lol:
Android Verizon Galaxy S22 Ultra

Post by Daknife
Let me recommend one adjustment. On religious sites. Point works for your every day house of worship. But there are significant Religious sites that are larger, are destinations and are usually significant landmarks to everybody in the region, not just those of that faith, those should be treated as areas not just point locations. Examples of such locations would be Major Cathedrals, LDS Temples, Hindu Temples, Hare Krishna Temples and the like. Those really do need area markers not just point. LDS Temples for example always have a visitors center open to all.
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by Daknife
That works, though with LDS, Hindu and Hare Krishna Temples at least they are also tourist sites as well.

Tapatalking via my Galaxy S4
Daknife
Send a message
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by Daknife
One more question. On Hospitals/Medical Centers are we sticking with Full service hospitals and Urgent Care clinics? I would suggest keeping Urgent care/ER clinics be marked with points while full hospitals get an area with perhaps a point (labeled ER) on the public ER entrance, and the one on the general purpose entrance.
Daknife
Send a message
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by Daknife
MGODLEW wrote:By default, when using area for a hospital, I would place the Area placement marker automatically at the ER entrance. In an emergency, I'd hate to see people being directed to a parking garage on the opposite side of the hospital instead of the ER.
I disagree. Take a look at your average Hospital, specifically at the size of parking areas, which is far larger? The ER parking area or the general parking area. Far more traffic to hospitals goes to general parking than to the ER. Further every hospital I'm familiar with in my area has separate entrances from the surrounding roads for the ER and General parking. This is because since most traffic is needing to go to the General Parking area, they don't want it blocking or slowing ER traffic. The ER's have small parking lots next to the Ambulance bays for those who need the ER but once the patient is stabilized they ask the person who brought them to move to general parking.

Thus it makes sense based on the very real traffic patterns to have the area point for the hospital, point to the General parking lot/garage and a point marker directing to the ER entrance point. Again at the hospitals there are always big boldly marked signs directing drivers to the ER entrance if needed. So a user searches for ER or Emergency room they get the point, they search for the hospital they should get the General point with the associated ER point as the second option. As such the My opinion is that the Hospital place as an area would have it's marker placed at the general public parking entrance, with a second point place labeled ER or Emergency Room (search should be able to find both versions for either search term) placed at the entrance to the ER.

To aid in that functionality, Waze could do some adjustment to how the search results work and perhaps give hospitals an option to designate a second point or to link the point directly to the Area other than the mere fact that it is located within the area.
Daknife
Send a message
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint