These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by olorin2
This doesn't seem to be a problem with one app only. To test this, I installed Llama which also requires Accessibility, and the same thing happened when I turned it on (Light Flow was turned off at the time as well). So it appears that at least on this phone, any app that has the Accessibility option turned on will crash Waze.

If anyone else is still having these symptoms, check if any of your apps use the accessibility service. This is a pretty major issue that I hope can be corrected.
olorin2
Send a message

Post by olorin2
Thanks for corroborating this. I posted over on the Feedback thread about the issue, but I've seen no response. And you're right: not all ads cause a crash. But it still crashes more times that not during my commute, and it is, to say the least, really annoying. I've kept Light Flow accessibility off for the most part, because I prefer Waze not to crash over getting notification lights.
olorin2
Send a message

Post by olorin2
Sorry I haven't replied in a while guys. For some reason I don't always get notifications that someone has replied to this thread. In any case, I've had Light Flow accessibility off for a couple weeks with no Waze crashes. I turned it back on yesterday to test, and not surprisingly, Waze crashed at a stop light.

As a couple people have mentioned, this is not limited just to Light Flow, but with seemingly any app that uses the accessibility service. This is a major problem and it's very disappointing that it has not been simply acknowledged by Waze.
olorin2
Send a message

Post by olorin2
CBenson wrote:I've been told the issue has been forwarded to the QA and client team.
That's good news, thanks!
olorin2
Send a message

Post by olorin2
This is awesome! I lost faith after one of the previous posts said that they couldn't reproduce the problem (which I found really hard to believe, considering the number of people having this issue). Seems like most or all of the Motorola Razr series phones are having this problem. I wonder if the more recent Maxx, Ultra and Mini are experiencing this.

Anyway, thanks so much for keeping this thread alive. Looking forward to that next release!
olorin2
Send a message

Post by olorin2
Well, I turned on my Accessibility option for Light Flow this morning and saw no crashes on the way to work. Also, I was able to navigate through all the features without a crash as well.

So, assuming this was fixed, it was apparently something that didn't need to be updated on the phone? I never saw an actual Waze update that needed to be downloaded. I wonder why the devs wouldn't post here about a major bug being fixed - something that's been going on for over a year.

In any case, I'm really happy that this appears to be resolved. :)
olorin2
Send a message

Post by samattos
I have also confirmed that with Accessibility features turned on Waze crashes. I use a Pebble smart watch which uses Accessibility features. Once I turned off the Pebble notifications, I was able to access my Waze Scoreboard. With Pebble accessibility features turned on, Waze crashes everytime I attempt to access the Scoreboard. Waze also crashes (with Accessibility features turned on) almost every time my vehicle stops when using navigation.

I love Waze, but I love my Pebble smart watch more. I hope the Accessibility feature incompatibility is addressed soon.
samattos
Send a message

Post by tb4rings
I have a Moto RAZR M and lite flow, experiencing the same problems. I will turn lite flow off for the commute home tonight.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4
tb4rings
Send a message

Post by tb4rings
I was able to confirm this on my device over the weekend.
tb4rings
Send a message

Post by tb4rings
@msunderlage you can still use last pass w/o the accessibility option, just not in 3rd party apps (except dolphin).
tb4rings
Send a message