[Script] WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox

Postby petervdveen » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:58 am

It cán cause problems.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Olestas » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:49 am

But it is not used for navigation, is it?
Olestas
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby orbitc » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:29 am

doctorkb wrote:That's the first I have heard of it -- I understood all "thin red line" roads would not appear -- perhaps this is a new development, perhaps OyyoDams has the same understanding I do.
(and no, I'm not going to draw an errant one on the map just to try it out) :)

Regardless... the key to knowing which script to "blame" for something lies in disabling scripts until your issue goes away.

The scripts aren't "production" features -- they're items that have been added on by the community to support the community. If something is going haywire, you need to start disabling scripts until that stops -- not just hoping that a popup box tells you who is popping it up. Ultimately, the issue could be caused by an interaction between two scripts... so a "signed" popup doesn't necessarily even fix your concern.

doctorkb, It (A road drawn in the editor and left unconfirmed (red)) does appear in the client. I've personally tested this awhile back and confirmed it with CBenson.
orbitc
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:23 pm

PesachZ wrote:
doctorkb wrote:Actually, the test seems to be for the "thin red line" (aka freshly paved / uninitialised) segments. Please cite your source if you believe a freshly drawn road in WME (without a city/street or "no city / no street" being set) will display on the client.

I know from personal experience, and can show screenshots if necessary. Roads drawn in WME with no City/Name still DO appear as new roads (with cookies for munching) on them in the client.

I also agree with this. A Paved road from the app will appear in red and will not appear in the app until details are completed (confirmed) in the editor. Paved red roads are not very visible in the editor because they are treated differently. A road drawn in the editor and left unconfirmed (red), will appear at the widest zoom level as the "thin red line" and will also appear in the app after the next successful tile update.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby doctorkb » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:32 pm

qwaletee wrote:Can we maintain a civil tone, please?

Can you enlighten me on where the tone went uncivil?
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby qwaletee » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:29 pm

Can we maintain a civil tone, please?
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby doctorkb » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:21 pm

It's worth noting that Toolbox's warning about non-consecutive ID'd roundabouts says that it "*may*" not work correctly.

There are probably instances where this causes a problem, and others where it doesn't. YMMV.
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Timbones » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:18 pm

dbraughlr wrote:All roundabouts mush have at least three consecutively-numbered one-way segments in the direction of driving.

I disagree with this. A roundabout with 2 segments is a valid roundabout, and segments do not need to be consecutively-numbered. I know of many instances of both, and they function just fine.

:ugeek: :roundabout-expert:
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby doctorkb » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:36 pm

Ok... thanks.

I guess I'll be getting a little more insistent on getting those named / cleaned up even when they don't really matter. I've seen (and ignored) parking lots that were entirely red, because I figured someone might be coming back to them soon... if they display on the client, then it's more important that they get cleaned up properly in the editor.
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby BellHouse » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:33 pm

doctorkb wrote:That's the first I have heard of it -- I understood all "thin red line" roads would not appear -- perhaps this is a new development, perhaps OyyoDams has the same understanding I do.
(and no, I'm not going to draw an errant one on the map just to try it out) :)

Maybe this depends on the type of segment (then red line Streets may appear, whereas such Walking Trails might not)?

I just found an example of a red line Service Road, which DOES appear on the client:

[ img ]

[ img ]
BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts