Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by OyyoDams
russblau wrote:A minor issue (first noticed in 1.4.2.0, on Firefox, although I can't say whether it was ever there before): clicking the "Suppress unneeded junctions" button on the toolbar always increments the unsaved edits counter by at least 1, whether it actually removes any junctions or not.
It's a kwown issue, and yes it's a minor bug ;)
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
steveningelbrecht wrote:I know how the function works, as i use it quite a lot...
After all, i removed the script completely, and reinstalled it, now it's working again...
Cool!
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
pvaladares wrote:I am using WME Toolbox v1.4.2.0 and whenever I try the blue roundabout icon 'Draw roundabout landmark to name it' I always get the 'An error occurred while saving. Please try again.' error.
Bug?

Note: Also the category is not automatically set to 'Junction / Interchange' so I have to manually edit it.
Thanks for the bug report. I've reproduced it, i'll be fixed.
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams

Code: Select all

Fix: "Draw roundabout landmark" bug since WME v1.6
Fix: [L6] Auto split loops: bug when splitting a segment without any junction in the middle
Update: [L6] Auto split loops: when road type is different, the less important road is split
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
BellHouse wrote:May I humbly ask if the auto split loops feature can be made available to L5 editors, too? I think we may safely assume that whoever has exceeded 250k edits will not use such a feature in a wrong way.

When I strife along the map I do not always have the breath to insert a new segment and then delete it again, just to split these faulty constructions.
What do L6 think ?
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
Bogey2 wrote:Hi,

since the last update the "House Numbers" and "Streets with name but no house number" are not working properly anymore. Does anybody have this problem too?
The bug comes from WME, it has been reported to Waze staff.
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
kentsmith9 wrote:
BellHouse wrote:
OyyoDams wrote: Update: "suppress unneeded junctions" algorithm improved
This works fine, now the "same endpoint connection" workarounds are preserved. Thanks!
Just installed 1.4.2.1 and found a place where the suppress unneeded junctions removes this required junction. Maybe another CM in the US can confirm if this removes the junction for them as well. Don't save the changes just in case OyyoDams needs to check something with these particular segments.
Just tried, and it doesn't suppress the node on my side. Can you check again ?
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
kentsmith9 wrote:1.4.2.1

When using the L6 Fix Loops feature, this location is fixed, but the main street is split and not the parking lot road. I assumed from
http://www.oyyodams.com/toolbox/ wrote: Update: [L6] Auto split loops: when road type is different, the less important road is split
would assume the parking lot road was less important than the street.
You're right this has to be improved.
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
kentsmith9 wrote:When there is a main street going straight and a curved road looping around the main street and both are the same road type, IMO the shorter (or straight) road should be kept intact and the curved (or longer) road should be split. I am seeing some roads getting fixed one way and some the other, so I assume it is not using the logic of the longer road to split it.
Good idea to check road length. I'll work on it.
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
vince1612 wrote:Hi,

I have a problem with being able to edit turns on WME and I think it might come from this script...

The strange thing is that everything will work normally when I boot my computer and work a little and after a few minutes I start having the issue.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x48 ... 2/wodg.png

This only started happening when they released the new WME version, I never had this problem in the past.
Just press "A"! Stop crying against Toolbox when you don't know the basics of the editor!
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message