[Script] WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox

Postby doctorkb » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:36 pm

Yup
Waze Global Champ, Mentor, WME Toolbox Project Manager
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby nogetandet » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:34 pm

doctorkb wrote:It exists. Perhaps on rank 6? Or it may also be country-specific. I'll see if it is documented somewhere later.

Oki, then I may wait a bit to be upgraded to level 6 ;-)
/Dan

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk
ImageImageImage
Area Manager | Country Manager: Denmark |
WME Beta-tester | APP Beta Tester |
| Dansk Wiki | General Wiki | Script forum
nogetandet
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

redo roundabout

Postby dbraughlr » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:45 pm

The statement "This roundabout is correct." should not be displayed when there is an unsaved change to the roundabout which could cause it to become incorrect.

After redoing a roundabout' but before it is saved, it should not be reported as still incorrect.

Redoing a roundabout should set all turns including disallowing U-turns. I'm seeing soft turns.
dbraughlr

Draw roundabout landmark to Name it

Postby PesachZ » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:48 am

The Draw Roundabout Landmark feature, is unable to save the landmark (Place). I've tested drawing a new place by hand with all the same types / descriptions in the same area and was able to save. When I do it by pressing the Toolbox button to draw the landmark, WME gives me a save error.
ImageImageImageImageNYImageImageImageImageImageImage
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
URs & etiquette | WME | Editing Manual | Quick-Start Guide | Best Map Editing Practices | Junctions
State specific Wiki | Forum
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

unnamed segment info

Postby dbraughlr » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:18 am

This segment has no City and/or Street name.
You must fix that or it won't be displayed on the client.

Anywhere such a pop-up message occurs, it needs to be tagged in a manner that identifies the script which generated it.

As for substance of the message, the first sentence is inaccurate. The second sentence is not true and propagates a myth that a segment with nothing set for City and/or Street name is not displayed in the client.

It is true that freshly paved roads do not appear in the client. But the test here is not for new paving, but for missing values - which is not the same condition that suppresses a segment from the client.
If you can detect that a segment is new paving, that would be terrific; but a subset of the cases where name properties have not been set.

Please reduce the message to a single, factual statement and include a signature (e.g., WME Toolbox).
Last edited by dbraughlr on Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dbraughlr

Re: unnamed segment info

Postby BellHouse » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:14 am

dbraughlr wrote:
This segment has no City and/or Street name.
You must fix that or it won't be displayed on the client.

I am guessing that this message comes from Toolbox. But the message itself is unsigned.

Well, if you activate Toolbox and enable its feature "Activate popups (Show popups on roundabouts and unnamed segments)", you shouldn't be surprised to get just that in WME. ;)

But I agree that Toolbox does not point out segments with "no City and/or Street name", but segments with an "uninitialized City and/or Street name".

So I suggest updating the wording.
Global Champ / DACH Champ / CM Germany / Self-Management-Team Germany
BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby qwaletee » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:16 pm

BellHouse, it should still sign the message. Otherwise, the user will not know whether the message is from WME, Toolbox, or some other scripts. Just because you know Toolbox can generate popups doesn't mean you know that his popup is coming from Toolbox.
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby dbraughlr » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:26 pm

This roundabout is correct.
If you want, you can change it into a standard round road.
Only do that if you're sure it's not a roundabout!

Proposed change to condition: A dead-end roundabout is never correct. All roundabouts mush have at least three consecutively-numbered one-way segments in the direction of driving.

Proposed wording:
WME Toolbox:
This roundabout is correct.
If it is not actually a roundabout, change it into a standard round road.

WME Toolbox:
This roundabout is incorrect.
If it is not actually a roundabout, change it into a standard round road; otherwise, redo this roundabout.

WME Toolbox:
This roundabout is incorrect and does not join at least 3 segments.
If it is not actually a roundabout, change it into a standard round road; or delete this roundabout and reconnect the roads.

Clicking the underlined portion should invoke the correct tool and close the pop-up.
Last edited by dbraughlr on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dbraughlr

Postby doctorkb » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:32 pm

qwaletee wrote:BellHouse, it should still sign the message. Otherwise, the user will not know whether the message is from WME, Toolbox, or some other scripts. Just because you know Toolbox can generate popups doesn't mean you know that his popup is coming from Toolbox.

Personally, I prefer the small popups that don't have a "signature".

If you don't like it, don't use it. :)

But the test here is not for new paving, but for missing values - which is not the same condition that suppresses a segment from the client.

Actually, the test seems to be for the "thin red line" (aka freshly paved / uninitialised) segments. Please cite your source if you believe a freshly drawn road in WME (without a city/street or "no city / no street" being set) will display on the client.
Waze Global Champ, Mentor, WME Toolbox Project Manager
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby dbraughlr » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:38 pm

doctorkb wrote:Personally, I prefer the small popups that don't have a "signature".

Because there are scripts with overlapping functionality, a message is necessary.
I am not the only person who has ever blamed the wrong script for something.
At the time I posted, I was not 100% certain the the source was Toolbox.

Actually, the test seems to be for the "thin red line" (aka freshly paved / uninitialised) segments. Please cite your source if you believe a freshly drawn road in WME (without a city/street or "no city / no street" being set) will display on the client.

I am the source. I cite myself. I refer to the NA server. You can easily test this. Draw a freeway square over the block where you live but do not set any name properties.
dbraughlr

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts