[Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.22 Feb 2017

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.81 Mar 2014

Postby Timbones » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:22 am

Which version of Chrome are you using?
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby SuperDave1426 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:00 pm

CrackedLCD wrote:Has Waze broken this script again? I'm going on three days with it not loading. I even deleted and reinstalled it from the chrome store with no luck. Other scripts are working fine.

It's working fine for me. Try disabling all your other scripts and see if the Highlighter works for you then. If it does, you've got a conflict with another script. To find which one, start re-enabling them one at a time until you find the one that's causing the conflict.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby CrackedLCD » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:03 pm

Has Waze broken this script again? I'm going on three days with it not loading. I even deleted and reinstalled it from the chrome store with no luck. Other scripts are working fine.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 4
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby doctorkb » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:58 pm

qwaletee wrote:That's an extra step for someone to remember during scanning. And one that most editors won't do -- Shift-Z mode is great when I remember to do it, but most of the stuff I find with WMECH and Validator are incidental to editing things nearby to the issues they highlight for me. Normal editing has Shift-Z off.

Shift+Z is part of the base editor.

It is not advisable (nor prudent) for an editor to be using extensions until they've mastered the base editor.

I don't think this should be highlighted. There's been argument about not highlighting uturns, even -- that didn't get removed from WMECH, but there wasn't an easy way to notice them.

I think there are more important things to be highlighted -- I've modified my WMECH to highlight streetnames that don't conform to abbreviation standards, highlight end-point junctions that have u-turns or soft turns set. That said, I'm not publishing these changes -- if Tim wants to include them, I'll share the code, but they're features that help my editing, but I don't think they should be made available.

This fits in that category, too. If you feel you need it: fine. I trust you're actually watching what you enable.

The biggest issue I have with this is that there are probably as many intersections that have restrictions as those that don't. I don't want to see something highlighted that is probably correct.

If you wanted to get fancy and could somehow highlight it when disabled straight-through and right-turn connections are highlighted (but not when a left-turn connection is the only one disabled), then that would be useful and probably worth integrating.
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby SuperDave1426 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:41 pm

"Dumb editors" or not, if it increases the chances of someone doing something dumb to the map, is it really a good idea to encourage it? ;)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby qwaletee » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:59 pm

Because dumb editors?
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby SuperDave1426 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:51 pm

SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:47 pm

qwaletee wrote:
fernandoanguita wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:How is what you're talking about different from simply pressing shift-Z within WME to show restricted turns?

I was thinking the same..... :o :)
And with Shift-Z you can also see the actual turns not allowed on the editor.

Regards from Concepción, Chile,

That's an extra step for someone to remember during scanning. And one that most editors won't do -- Shift-Z mode is great when I remember to do it, but most of the stuff I find with WMECH and Validator are incidental to editing things nearby to the issues they highlight for me. Normal editing has Shift-Z off.

IMO, this may lead editors to "fix" errors with a 'w' tap which aren't actually errors.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby qwaletee » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:43 pm

fernandoanguita wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:How is what you're talking about different from simply pressing shift-Z within WME to show restricted turns?

That's an extra step for someone to remember during scanning. And one that most editors won't do -- Shift-Z mode is great when I remember to do it, but most of the stuff I find with WMECH and Validator are incidental to editing things nearby to the issues they highlight for me. Normal editing has Shift-Z off.
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby fernandoanguita » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:02 pm

fernandoanguita
Master Raider
Master Raider

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts