[Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.9 JUL 2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.81 Mar 2014

Postby SuperDave1426 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:41 pm

"Dumb editors" or not, if it increases the chances of someone doing something dumb to the map, is it really a good idea to encourage it? ;)
ImageImageImageImage
Country Manager: USA (mostly oriented around NV & CA)
Editor Guide Best Editing Practices Editor Quick-start
Places Guidelines Nevada Wiki
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby doctorkb » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:58 pm

qwaletee wrote:That's an extra step for someone to remember during scanning. And one that most editors won't do -- Shift-Z mode is great when I remember to do it, but most of the stuff I find with WMECH and Validator are incidental to editing things nearby to the issues they highlight for me. Normal editing has Shift-Z off.

Shift+Z is part of the base editor.

It is not advisable (nor prudent) for an editor to be using extensions until they've mastered the base editor.

I don't think this should be highlighted. There's been argument about not highlighting uturns, even -- that didn't get removed from WMECH, but there wasn't an easy way to notice them.

I think there are more important things to be highlighted -- I've modified my WMECH to highlight streetnames that don't conform to abbreviation standards, highlight end-point junctions that have u-turns or soft turns set. That said, I'm not publishing these changes -- if Tim wants to include them, I'll share the code, but they're features that help my editing, but I don't think they should be made available.

This fits in that category, too. If you feel you need it: fine. I trust you're actually watching what you enable.

The biggest issue I have with this is that there are probably as many intersections that have restrictions as those that don't. I don't want to see something highlighted that is probably correct.

If you wanted to get fancy and could somehow highlight it when disabled straight-through and right-turn connections are highlighted (but not when a left-turn connection is the only one disabled), then that would be useful and probably worth integrating.
Waze Global Champ, Mentor
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby CrackedLCD » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:03 pm

Has Waze broken this script again? I'm going on three days with it not loading. I even deleted and reinstalled it from the chrome store with no luck. Other scripts are working fine.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 4
~CrackedLCD
AM for Baldwin-Mobile Cos., AL // Grenada-LeFlore-Carroll Cos., MS // Escambia-Santa Rosa Cos., FL // CM for the USA

Moto Droid Turbo (Android 5.1) on Verizon Wireless
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:00 pm

CrackedLCD wrote:Has Waze broken this script again? I'm going on three days with it not loading. I even deleted and reinstalled it from the chrome store with no luck. Other scripts are working fine.

It's working fine for me. Try disabling all your other scripts and see if the Highlighter works for you then. If it does, you've got a conflict with another script. To find which one, start re-enabling them one at a time until you find the one that's causing the conflict.
ImageImageImageImage
Country Manager: USA (mostly oriented around NV & CA)
Editor Guide Best Editing Practices Editor Quick-start
Places Guidelines Nevada Wiki
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Timbones » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:22 am

Which version of Chrome are you using?
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Global Wiki Moderator • Routing Expert
Extensions: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Daknife » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:45 pm

If not the current Version of Chrome, why not? It should be auto updating as frequently as they update versions.

Tapatalking via my Galaxy S4
AM in Utah; CM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Samsung Galaxy S4 running 4.4 KitKat on Sprint
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby CrackedLCD » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:27 pm

daknife wrote:If not the current Version of Chrome, why not? It should be auto updating as frequently as they update versions.

I think the version is 35,but I'm not at home to check for sure.

Chrome started saying last week that I would not be getting any more updates because Google is no longer supporting my hardware. They're dropping support for processors that don't have sse2 or better, but I don't see why that would affect any scripts.

Disabling and re enabling the color highlighter script fixed my problem, but now the WME toolbox one won't come back! D'oh.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 4
~CrackedLCD
AM for Baldwin-Mobile Cos., AL // Grenada-LeFlore-Carroll Cos., MS // Escambia-Santa Rosa Cos., FL // CM for the USA

Moto Droid Turbo (Android 5.1) on Verizon Wireless
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Atuuu » Fri May 30, 2014 9:04 am

doctorkb wrote:SuperDave: I'm pretty sure that was already noted -- the feature was removed when the beta went live because it was a fundamental change.

Unfortunately, given that Timbones is based in the UK, I suspect we're still a while before the new system is implemented -- "Places" only went live on the NA server. The ROW and IL servers are still a few weeks away, apparently.

I hope Tim will choose to reimplement that feature -- I really liked it, especially for finding smudges being caused by landmarks. We will have to see, though!

As now v.1.6 is now in all servers, Timbones, can you please redesign the feature "Highlight Places" to see places in more colors? Thank you!
ImageImageImage
CM: Latvia; beta editor; Android beta tester.
LV community: Operācija "Meži" - saraujam!
Other communities: Take the challenge! Go green!
Atuuu
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby qwaletee » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:59 pm

Toolbox already does this, but I find its UI to be too heavy. I would love thin, pastel lines, that don't obscure anything.

I would also love a quick on/off for the whole set or subsets.
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby Daknife » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:57 pm

I really don't see a big need for this new feature indicating levels. Other than railroads, and the occasional overpass that is set to the wrong level, what is it's use? This would/will be kept turned off as I want to see lock level issues and other real problems on the roads that most commonly need to use elevations (freeways), not levels. Levels only really affect how the map is drawn, two segments can cross at the same level, abd two segments at widely carried levels can be connected and neither situation will effect the routing.

AM in Utah; CM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Samsung Galaxy S4 running 4.4 KitKat on Sprint
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts