Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.
Post by jasonh300
Should be pretty simple to fix if the N and the 3 don't have a space between them. (do they?)

Send a request to support via nanorep on the support page.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
invented wrote:Waze still won't fix "QEW" to just say the letters. They don't have some kind of substitution power? Like when the software encounters "QEW" it feeds "cue eee double you" to the TTS engine?
Did you send it to support? They should be able to do an exception for that.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
No. Cord was an automobile produced in Indiana back in the 1930s.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
kentsmith9 wrote:Cord is what I will be wrapping around my neck if we go a second month with no map updates in NA.
A second month??? We're almost 3/4 of the way through the second month!
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
LittlestLou wrote:Gizmo,
I already sent you a PM but since this is an issue of potential public interest I will follow up on the forum too. I can confirm that while the TTS for CONST ZN worked previously, it no longer does. I am not sure how to send the TTS file. I will search around the wiki, etc. but if you can point me in the right direction, that would be helpful. I need very basic step-by-step instructions...unfortunately. :oops:
Thanks,
LL (and yes, I have a Droid 4)
I've never heard CONST ZN work properly on the iPhone, but I don't think I had ever driven into one prior to a few months ago when some major construction started locally and I started using the labeling and then deliberately driving it to keep up with the street closures.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
khaytsus wrote:Anyone know the proper abbreviation for Sideroad? I thought it was Srd and had been using this, but that is pronounced "S R D". Not seeing it in the spreadsheet either.
Is this really a street type? Post an example.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
invented wrote:http://goo.gl/maps/pRK49
http://goo.gl/maps/pWH6W

They're usually just regular streets, in this context.
Okay, I thought you were talking about a suffix. This makes sense.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Alice2 wrote:So, what do we do now? Today I heard Samantha say (twice) "keep left at to I 10 west" and it really was unclear if she meant to, two, or maybe too. It gave the impression there were two I 10 west roads. Sounded strange. Maybe she wasn't feeling well!!
Where exactly did this occur?
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
It's most likely because the word "To" on the ramp is capitalized, which doesn't conform to the standard.

I'm going to send a PM to the editor in question and make sure this is just a typo and not widespread.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
LittlestLou wrote:
GizmoGuy411 wrote: Are you sure, because I could swear that it has been that way for a while. We have a ton of county roads in NW Ohio, and we have slowly been changing them to "CR xxx" as we canvas the rural areas. "CR" does get pronounced correctly as "County Road", and not to be confused with "Country Road".
Gizmo, I guess it's possible but I know for sure that CONST ZN and Co Rd happened at the same time. I cannot say for sure about the release prior to 3.5 b/c I had so many GPS issues that I went back to the release before last....

Regardless, I will start using CR. Thanks for the hint.
How about CR-##?
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message