Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

One address, two towns?

Post by MeridianHills
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=3&lat ... s=61236857

Map of area with UR ^

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat ... s=61236857

^ Intended destination and physical location of Courtyard Marriott

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... 89&env=usa

^ Where Waze is routing to

Picked up on a UR that had been sitting for awhile and the Reporter is following the incorrect address to their intended destination, and I'm having trouble fixing the issue. Their destination is the Courtyard Marriott 10290 North Meridian Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46290. The Courtyard Marriott has an Indianapolis address, but is geographically in Carmel and in Hamilton County. The address they followed was 10290 North Meridian Street, Carmel, Indiana and Waze was routing them to a 10290 pin near North Meridian/116th Street interchange. I've tried to attemp to edit the Marriott in Google, but for some reason I can't, and when I try to find the 10290 pin on a street segment up by 116th Street, I am not able to find any address that matches? I'm a little bit confused and would like some input from other editors. Has anyone else had an issue like this? I would like to delete the false address and update the actual address if possible.
MeridianHills
Map Raider
Map Raider

POSTER_ID:16845063

Send a message

Post by CBenson
Yes, I have seen similar results where the searched address is not considered to be matched in either the Waze or the Google databases, then Waze will return the location of the closest number with the same street name and city from the Waze address number database.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
What are you trying to edit in Google? Google seems to be taking me to the correct location.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Ahh, I see. If you could get Google to say there is a good match then we shouldn't have this problem. But the problem is with the address locations, not the POI location. Can you just edit the 10290 address rather than the Marriott in mapmaker?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by MeridianHills
CBenson wrote:Yes, I have seen similar results where the searched address is not considered to be matched in either the Waze or the Google databases, then Waze will return the location of the closest number with the same street name and city from the Waze address number database.

What is the best way to resolve issues like this? Would this issue be more on the Google end, or the Waze end? If I could somehow edit the Marriott in Google, that would take care of the bulk of the problem, but still leave that extra 10290 pin to the north.
MeridianHills
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by MeridianHills
CBenson wrote:What are you trying to edit in Google? Google seems to be taking me to the correct location.

The Courtyard Marriott is in Carmel, Indiana not Indianapolis, the city name needs to be edited. 96th Street is the dividing line between Carmel and Indianapolis and the Marriott is over a half mile north of the line.
MeridianHills
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by MeridianHills
CBenson wrote:Ahh, I see. If you could get Google to say there is a good match then we shouldn't have this problem. But the problem is with the address locations, not the POI location. Can you just edit the 10290 address rather than the Marriott in mapmaker?

I was just able to do both in Mapmaker, lets see how long it takes for my edit to go through.
MeridianHills
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message