[Script] UROverview Plus v3.77 (20160525)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.6 (20140202)

Postby GizmoGuy411 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:49 pm

SuperDave1426 wrote: ....
However, it looks like the new WME is online and it seems to have broken URO+. When I refresh the start up the WME with the script enabled, it highlights one of the closed (but now displayed) URs and brings up a box with the usual information that you'd get from hovering over a UR. But there's no way to close that box and move on. I'm sure it's already being worked on, but since I didn't see a mention of it here, I figured I'd mention it now.

ctpoole wrote:
bz2012 wrote:The latest WME seems to have broken some URO+ features.
The one I noticed first is that the
Hide solved/unidentified is no longer working. They are displayed regardless of check box status.

Also seeing a 'pop up box' that seems to be popped up for a random URO and doesn't want to go away unless I click on 'hide for this session'.
Mouse over various URs does NOT cause pop ups like it should do.

I am having exactly the same set of issues.

Ditto

P.S. Bravo for your use of the ISO 8601 yyyy-mm-dd date format! Why don't we all adopt it?
ImageImageImageImage

U.S. based Global Champ
U.S. CM
U.S. Great Lakes RC: IL, IN, MI, OH, WI
AM: NW OH, NE IN, SE MI
Wiki Profile
Verizon: Galaxy S6 Edge w/ Android 5.1.1 & iPad "3" w/ iOS 8.2.0
GizmoGuy411
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby Twister-UK » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:39 pm

Twister-UK wrote:*sigh* it's either been a *lot* longer than I thought it's been since I was last in the beta editor, or there's been some pretty significant changes released with minimal time given to fully test them, because last time I checked URO+ was working just fine in the beta... Given the seriousness of this, I'll look into it ASAP - unlikely to be before the weekend though.

Just noticed in the WME release notes topic that the "let's rip everything up and start again, breaking URO+ in the process, oops" version of WME is currently only available in the US/Canada, which probably explains why I hadn't noticed any problems in either beta or production editors recently...

Unfortunately, although I can use the practice mode to start investigating the changes, URO+ won't run in practice mode without modifying the way the script integrates with WME (which isn't something I really want to be doing whilst also trying to fix the problems created by this new version of WME), so a fix may not get released until the rest of the world gets the new version.
L4 AM for NW London and Shetland Islands - HTC One M8/Android 5.0.1
Waze App 3.9.9.0, not about to switch to 4.x any time soon...
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby doctorkb » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:51 pm

Twister: you're welcome to request an AM area in Canada -- I would wholeheartedly support that for your ongoing development...
Waze Global Champ, Mentor, WME Toolbox Project Manager
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Twister-UK » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:41 pm

Quick update... thanks to a test account on the NA server provided by AlanOfTheBerg, I've now been able to make some good progress on fixing this problem, and a new release should be available soon-ish.
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby qwaletee » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:05 pm

Twister-UK wrote:Quick update... thanks to a test account on the NA server provided by AlanOfTheBerg, I've now been able to make some good progress on fixing this problem, and a new release should be available soon-ish.

If I could pretty please ask for the following?

1) checkbox to disable the pop-up display temporarily? Just in case the fix doens't work, it would make URO+ still useful with the sticky boxes (the other features are still working today)

2) Display the map update request # in the pop-up

3) This is more complex for the UI, so maybe not for now... a list of all the hidden request #s, and the ability to add/remove them independently, or jump to them. Once doing that, you can slso have an input box for "go to request #"
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.7 (20140330)

Postby Twister-UK » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:23 pm

With thanks again to Alan for the use of his test account, and with no thanks whatsoever (yet) again to the Waze coders for another seemingly pointless shuffling around of stuff URO+ hooks into, 3.7 has now been set free...

3.7 also rolls up a bunch of other stuff I'd started working on before Real Life (TM) intervened and stole all my spare time for a few weeks, plus most of the stuff requested whilst we've been talking about the new WME problems, so drumroll please, here's the full list of changes:

• Compatibility fix for for latest public WME
  • UR and MP popups can now be suppressed (see Misc tab)
  • UR and MP popups now show the underlying object IDs and, for closed URs/MPs, when and by whom the closure was done
  • Closed URs/MPs can be filtered
  • CWL groups now remember whether they were expanded or collapsed
  • Missing Landmark URs can be filtered
  • Replaced "kph" with "km/h" in camera popup

Firefox+Greasemonkey version: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/145186
Chrome Web Store version: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mjcdghdphi
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:45 pm

Twister-UK wrote:With thanks again to Alan for the use of his test account, and with no thanks whatsoever (yet) again to the Waze coders for another seemingly pointless shuffling around of stuff URO+ hooks into, 3.7 has now been set free...

Sure is nice being able to filter out the closed URs and MPs. The map is no much less cluttered without that there.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.1 | Waze v4.4.9904
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby doctorkb » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:23 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Twister-UK wrote:With thanks again to Alan for the use of his test account, and with no thanks whatsoever (yet) again to the Waze coders for another seemingly pointless shuffling around of stuff URO+ hooks into, 3.7 has now been set free...

Sure is nice being able to filter out the closed URs and MPs. The map is no much less cluttered without that there.

Ditto. That is an awesome feature.

If I had to suggest one refinement to it: ability to filter all those closed *by me* (and leave all others visible).
Waze Global Champ, Mentor, WME Toolbox Project Manager
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby qwaletee » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:07 am

You must have put a spoonful of awesome in your coffee this morning.
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby tonestertm » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:01 am

Thanks again for this indispensable script, and the improvements.

***Leave reviews for these fine developers!***

One small request for Twister-UK... I don't know what the mechanism is, but could you add a "WME" or "Waze" tag so that it's more easily searchable in the store? Unless there's a reason you only want it linked from here, of course
US Local Champ, US Country Manager
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts