Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by OyyoDams
vince1612 wrote:
OyyoDams wrote:Just press "A"! Stop crying against Toolbox when you don't know the basics of the editor!
I should say thanks but I don't feel I've been aggressive in my question, so you didn't need to be that way in your reply.

Like I said I've had Toolbox for a while (which means I like it) and it is the first time it happened... I genuinely had no idea that pressing A would solve it, so I was just looking for help/an answer.

Perhaps in your opinion people should know everything about scripts they use, but in my case I haven't been "crying against Toolbox", perhaps you should consider questions less emotionally and take a chill pill.

So I'll just thank nogetandet for his post that had replied first and in an appropriate manner.
Sorry it's not against you, but your question is asked about each 3 pages in this thread, and has nothing to do with Toolbox. So please understand that it's boring to always answer the same thing...
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams

Code: Select all

Update: "Auto split loops" it now available starting L5
Update: [L5] Auto split loops: better road priority handle, and if road type is the same, the longest road is split
Fix: [L3] Suppress unneeded junctions: edit counter is no more incremented when there is nothing to do
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
doctorkb wrote:BIG bug with Auto split loops.

If you run it here:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat ... 09&env=usa

You'll get 19 changes, and Prospect Cres will lose part of itself (i.e. you'll have the two vertical parts left, but the horizontal part will be missing.

(and yes, I'm running the latest version of Toolbox: 1.4.2.2)
Argh you're right! Sorry I'm fixing it.
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams

Fix: [L5] Auto split loops: important bug that deletes a segment
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
About the number of edits: that reflects the reality! One of the 2 segments is deleted, 2 new segments are created, sreets names are applied, connexions with other segments are established, turn rights fixed...

@Amonlem thanks for your last report I'll take a look.
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
kentsmith9 wrote:But it seems like I have seen loop updates that only show 2 or 3 edit changes. Am I confused and that is not possible?
It was a bug, counter was not updated for each change, and now it's fixed.
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams

Fix: [L5] Auto split loops: geometry node added close to the split node
Update: [L5] Auto split loops: algorithm simplified - thanks to bgodette for the tip
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
kentsmith9 wrote:
BellHouse wrote:
OyyoDams wrote: Update: "suppress unneeded junctions" algorithm improved
This works fine, now the "same endpoint connection" workarounds are preserved. Thanks!
Just installed 1.4.2.1 and found a place where the suppress unneeded junctions removes this required junction. Maybe another CM in the US can confirm if this removes the junction for them as well. Don't save the changes just in case OyyoDams needs to check something with these particular segments.
Since 1.4.2.4, do you still have this issue ?
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
Strange I can't reproduce it:
ScreenShot029.jpg
(112.84 KiB) Downloaded 840 times
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
Arnoniem wrote:
OyyoDams wrote:Strange I can't reproduce it:
I could re-produce on that particular one as well, yesterday, before 1.4.2.4. But i don't have edit-rights there, not sure if that's the problem causing No unneeded junctions to suppress

Here's one thats' stil doing it, with 1.4.2.4; https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&lat ... 13&env=row

I can say, that I had to search for it, most didn't do it anymore. But this one did. Difference I can think of , is that I created it, just this morning, because node A was not connected.

The geo-node fix seems to work fine, thanks ;)
Nothing wrong on my side !
ScreenShot030.jpg
(122.62 KiB) Downloaded 818 times
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message