Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by crazycaveman
Your elevation not ground regex should be !/0/, with the exclamation outside the forward slash, otherwise it will try to match a literal "!0"
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
So I just realized something with the ${altStreet[]} array that makes it a lot easier to code templates; I'm not sure if this is a general javascript thing or if anyone else uses this trick or has posted about it before. Whatever you put in the brackets is what separates the values, unless you put a number (obviously). So, if you set your template to

Code: Select all

#${street}@#${altStreet[@#]}@
for a street with the following properties:

Name: Main St
Alt 0: US-321
Alt 1: SC-47
Alt 2: Downtown Ave
Validator will expand the check as follows:

#Main St@#US-321@#SC-47@#Downtown Ave@
It doesn't add the separator before the first or last items in the array, so you still need to add a separator in the template, but I figured I'd share that as all the other examples I've seen have all the number added in manually, which can be tedious.
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
dougp01 wrote:
crazycaveman wrote:If you have the experimental road layer enabled and the legacy roads disabled, no roads will be displayed because the experimental layer does not yet get enabled through a permalink. Might be best to enable the roads layer before running a scan so you don't have to enable them with every permalink to follow
I think this might be okay except the Shift-R functionality has been overwritten with experimental roads. I for one am a big user of shortcuts and dutifully navigating menus with my mouse is a bit of a pain. I therefore am attempting to use experimental roads as much as possible and this validator layers problem is a continuous issue for me.

thanks!
This is not an issue with validator, but with WME itself. What I have done is assign the legacy road layer a shortcut of All+R through the shortcut menu (press Shift+?, click the roads label, and press Alt and R and release); gives you an easy way to toggle them. Also, post in the WME 1.9 release thread asking for a fix, that's the only way to hope that this gets changed...
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
You could try using a negative lookahead. In this case, it would look something like

${typeRank}:${street}
/1[01]:((?!State |The |$)|(?!.* Rd|.* St)$)/
I think this will work, but haven't had a chance to test it yet
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
I think I might have been making it too complicated... How about this:

/1[01]:(?!State |The |.* Rd$|.* St$|$)/
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
ispyisail wrote:Hi all

I'm looking for a custom search that will find all "Street" and "Primary Street" that have more than one "alternate name"

as always

Thanks
Try this:

Template: ${typeRank}:${altStreet[1]}
Regexp: /1[01]:.+/
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
PesachZ wrote:
crazycaveman wrote:
ispyisail wrote:Hi all

I'm looking for a custom search that will find all "Street" and "Primary Street" that have more than one "alternate name"

as always

Thanks
Try this:

Template: ${typeRank}:${altStreet[1]}
Regexp: /1[01]:.+/
Would that also match segments with only one alt name?

Sent using Tapatalk for Android
No, because arrays in JavaScript are 0 based, so an array index of 1 is actually the second element
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
If I'm remembering correctly, there's no way to tell if a segment has untouched HNs or not until the HN editor is loaded, so for that to work, validator would have to load the HN editor for each segment to see what needs highlighting, which is impractical. Also, green highlighting is a custom highlight you (or a localization script) has setup.
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Nice. That repository will be handy to help keep my localizations up to date. I have framework localizations for a number of states, Hawaii is in there, if you want to use that to tweak the existing checks to your needs (out disable then completely).
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
berestovskyy wrote: Wow that's a nice piece of work there!

So I guess we miss a support for states, right?
If you were to add support for states (or even multiple states in one localization), that would be great! I know quite a few states now have localization packs and it might make things easier when coding those.
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message