Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by crazycaveman
Feel free to pm me if you have any questions or changes needed. You can edit check 134 and remove the '|[Ll]oop' part. I saw it on the wiki, but think it was a testing page, but that was the only guidance I could find on how abbreviations should be (including using BUS instead of Bus, to pronounce business)
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
It needs to be updated, since it will flag any road with loop in the name. I've corrected it on a few I know are used, but haven't copied that change to all the scripts
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Zirland wrote:
How are the files on "i18n" repository used? What is their purpose?

I mean is there any relationship to localization packages, that are managed on greasyfork separately...
Should we migrate to use your repository?

Does "our" greasyfork script have higher priority on values or does "your" i18n file win?
The files in the repository are the included localizations in the main validator script. If you're using a separate localization pack, it must include the default localizations or you won't have those checks at all. So the answer to your question is: check that whatever localization pack you're using includes the default checks for your country and let the script writer know if they're missing or not up to date
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
DanR67 wrote:Hello all -

I tried a few searches - but didn't find a "features request" - hope this is correct place:

I travel for business - so I get access to a variety of areas - but looking at the "areas" tab of the WME validator - it's not always easy to decide which area I want to work on simply by the "square miles" (or km^2)....Would it be possible to add a user tag / label (or auto pull the data from the area itself?) to make this easier to manage? Here's a screenshot of what I was thinking if a user-customizable label:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/edz2qn3yhhsmy ... s.jpg?dl=0

Thanks,

Dan
That is not part of validator, but rather WME itself. It would be better to discuss this in the latest WME thread.
Jchassy wrote:This is very messed up and I need someone with a higher rank to help me out because I live here but cant edit the area very well.

Also I am brand new so how do I get points for editing because I dont understand how I havent gotten any, can someone please explain.

Here is the report of the area using the Validator

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... 071967#a25
This is actually a segment in South Carolina with the wrong state assigned to it (there used to be lots of them around); in this case, the segment can be deleted (it's not needed). However, this is not the place to discuss issues on the map found with Validator, but rather to discuss problems, and get help, with the tool itself; it would be better to post in the WME, US, or SC forum for help with editing (or in Slack, which you've already joined). As for the points, those refresh no sooner than every 24 hours (sometimes it even takes several days).
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
To tell, disable all scripts/extensions and it will be easy to tell :). For the most part, though, all scripts make their own tab and keep most things in there (with the sole exception of Validator, which the author has yet to change).
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
That check is part of the US localization the PesachZ has been maintaining. It should be pretty simple to modify the check to exclude periods that immediately follow and precede a number.

As for the checks, yes, it just is for things that could potentially be wrong; everything that is marked should be checked for correctness and fixed only if it is actually wrong.
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Can't the report already be saved as an HTML file? I remember doing that before, at least you could just use the browsers save page functionality to do so
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
taco909 wrote:This has always been a problem with Validator. It runs a scan on every segment rendered on the screen and refreshes when the map is moved... it's how it works.
It is doing more in-depth scanning than Highlighter.

My wish list for Validator would be the following:

1 - Move it to its own tab so it is not reliant upon WME
As mentioned before, right as you posted this, Validator got updated to 1.1.18, which now puts it in its own tab! So, looks like your (and mine, and everyone elses) wish was granted
2 - Provide a quick "on/off" toggle button that kills the continual scanning, but leaves the "Run report" option on the tab and enabled... Pressing the "play" button auto-activates the script and runs a scan logging to a report as it does now.
For me it works like this. As you can see in the screenshot, the highlighting is disabled, but the run and show scan buttons are still enabled (ran a scan fine without highlighting enabled).
validator_disabled_runscan.png
(19.46 KiB) Downloaded 1600 times
3 - The ability to export the report (with HTML links) to an external HTML file to allow a detailed scan to be run and saved for later in the event we get called away, browser crash, etc...
As I mentioned before, you can already save a report by using the browser save page function. Additionally, there is a "Save this report" button at the beginning and end of the report that will save it as an HTML file. Do you not have that button?
Validator_save_report.png
(13.77 KiB) Downloaded 1608 times
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
lg1992 wrote:The buttons "Show report" and "Send" don't work in the WME beta.
I can confirm this. Also, the scan, pause, and stop buttons do not work. Attempting to initiate a scan causes validator to disable all layers and zoom in as if it will start scanning, but it stays in that one spot and never moves. Attempting to pause or stop scan doesn't do anything (the buttons don't even change to allow you to continue scanning)
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
If you look at the top left (just below the yellow bar), you'll see that the Validator text is greyed out, indicating that it is turned off/not highlighting on the map. When the text is black, Validator is turned on and highlighting as you pan
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message