Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by crazycaveman
otofoto wrote:How to disable this pop-up each time I open waze map editor?

WME Validator v1.1.20:
- Fixed #23 Unconfirmed road

04.06.2016 v1.1.19:
- Fixed WME Beta
- Fixed icons in segment properties
- The work is still in progress...
What browser are you using? Have you restricted the default browser settings at all (i.e. prevented web pages from being able to store data)?
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
jangliss wrote:So I did some further testing, and it seems if you use the following in the "header" section it kicks in for both languages, the problem is that it doesn't really match the languages later on.

With ".lng" set to both "EN" and "EN-US" it picks up both languages. That said, if you use the "en" (or "en-us") in the title, problem, or solution text, it doesn't pick it up in either platform. For example:

Either way, I think I got it working so I just need to do some tweaking, and such.
Based on just playing around with it for a little bit, this is how it seems to work. Whatever you set as the language(s) with ".lng" is what Validator looks for in "*.title", "*.problem", "*.solution", etc. so you don't need to put "*.title.en-us" (nor should you); basically, you already told validator what languages will be localized using the ".lng" property. You can look at the default Validator localizations to get a feel for how they do things (the ES.js is a good one). Hope that helps
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
VRF-ErwinS wrote:Hi,

Is it possible (or can it be made possible) to make a report of all the roads that have been changed since a certain date or in the last number of days?
Currently a similar functionality is available in the color highlighter script, but this only changes the color of the segments, which requires extensive zooming and panning around. I'd rather have the availability of a nice report.

Thanks in advance!

Erwin
Yes, that is already built in. If you go to the search options (click the magnifying glass in Validator's settings to switch to that tab), you can enter the date. If you want to find all segments that have been updated since a certain time, you'll need to set up a custom check, as well. Click the Gear button and enter the same text in both the template and RegExp fields (something like a and a would do it).
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by CreekOfJohn
jdelosa wrote: Validator has become an part of our everyday wme use, and to work without it is like working with one eye closed.....
I agree with your statement above 100%, which is why Waze should invest into building validation into WME. This essential editor function should not be left to unpaid volunteers.
CreekOfJohn
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by crotalo
please Update soon
crotalo
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message
Wazeopedia Colombia
Wazeopedia Bogotá
Partner Coordinator - Local Champ Colombia
https://i.ibb.co/hdcYFJn/badge10years30.png

Post by ctpoole
It appears that 0.9.2 has a small problem with Elevation. I love the ability to flag segments that are out of range or NaN for Elevation, but now when I make a change to a segment (it seems to be related to turn restrictions), the elevation of some of the adjacent (at the intersection) segments have their elevation set to NaN and I have to adjust them with another save.

Did I screw something up?
ctpoole
Send a message
Area Manager: Austin, Southeast Texas and the Panhandle
https://s.waze.tools/c5.png

Post by ctpoole
I have a problem that can't possibly be unique. Rule 78 about "Same endpoints drivable segments" correctly highlights segments that should have at least one junction point added to them for routing to perform correctly. If you add a junction point to those segments then rule 118 or 119 catches the two segments saying the junction point is unneeded.

Is there some way to correct this behavior? Am I not interpreting the results correctly?

For now, I have disabled rule 78.
ctpoole
Send a message

Post by ctpoole
berestovskyy wrote: I'll try to fix the issue, but excluding 'Unneeded node A/B' checks for segments with off-screen nodes seems to be the only way...
I appreciate all your efforts but I think maybe there is a little bit of misunderstanding. None of the nodes are "off screen".
ctpoole
Send a message

Post by ctpoole
CBenson wrote:
txemt wrote:Why is "same endpoints drivable segment" such a big deal? Case in point, this type of intersection or street layout is common, so why is it a big deal? The only answer to solve this is to create a node, which someone is going to come along later and delete that node, as it's part of "cleanup."
berestovskyy gave the reasons for a bunch of the checks here. Do we want to have this discussion again in this validator thread or should we take it somewhere else?
I agree with TXEMT. If I put in a node I eliminate the same segment warning but in its place I get an unneeded node warning. I tried to question this once before but didn't communicate the problem well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ctpoole
Send a message

Post by CurtisNewton74
Places with multiple entry points are also suggested for turning from area to point, which doesn't work.
--> Error message from WME that place has to many entry points when saving.
So any place with multiple entry points should not be suggested for conversion.
CurtisNewton74
Send a message