[Script] WME Junction Angle Info

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [script] WME Junction Angle Info

Postby GizmoGuy411 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:23 pm

Thank you milkboy! Your version 1.5.8 works for me fine.

The version by Alan and myriade did not, so I had to use tkr85's version in the meanwhile.
Image

U.S. based Global Champ
U.S. CM
U.S. Great Lakes RC: IL, IN, MI, OH, WI
AM: NW OH, NE IN, SE MI
Wiki Profile
Verizon: Galaxy S6 Edge w/ Android 5.1.1 & iPad "3" w/ iOS 8.2.0
GizmoGuy411
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
 
Posts: 1382
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:14 am
Location: NW Ohio, SE Michigan, NW Indiana tri-state area
Has thanked: 581 times
Been thanked: 385 times

Re: [script] WME Junction Angle Info

Postby SuperDave1426 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:44 pm

Thanks. And be ready to update it again soon, possibly. There's rumored to be a new version of WME that's supposed to be released "soon." :-) When it comes out, it could break the script/extension again....
ImageImageImageImage
Country Manager: USA (mostly oriented around NV & CA)
Editor Guide Best Editing Practices Editor Quick-start
Places Guidelines Nevada Wiki
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
 
Posts: 808
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:27 pm
Location: Nevada, USA
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 228 times

Re: [script] WME Junction Angle Info

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:14 pm

SuperDave1426 wrote:Thanks. And be ready to update it again soon, possibly. There's rumored to be a new version of WME that's supposed to be released "soon." :-) When it comes out, it could break the script/extension again....

My version of JAI works fine in beta, so conceivably this officially updated version would work fine too.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 23480
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:48 pm
Location: US Country Manager - Oregon, USA
Has thanked: 1085 times
Been thanked: 4610 times

Re: [script] WME Junction Angle Info

Postby milkboy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:56 am

sketch wrote:Hey, it doesn't seem to be working in the beta editor. I believe the issue is with the "include" code:

Code: Select all
// @include             /^https:\/\/www\.waze\.com\/(.{2,6}\/)?(beta_)?editor\/.*$/

I don't entirely speak code, but this seems to envision "http://www.waze.com/beta_editor/" as the location of the beta editor, while the actual location is "http://editor-beta.waze.com/editor/".

Thanks!


Meh. The URL changed again? That kind of sucks, because the browser add-ons usually get disabled by default when the URL:s they run on changes (a nice security measure yes, but inconvenient for users). But thank you for the notice. I'll fix that and try to make translations work also asap.
Nexus 5 | CM 13 (Android 6.0.1 nightly)
ImageImageImageImage
Škoda Octavia III Combi 2.0 TDI RS DSG 2014 Image
milkboy
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:24 am
Location: Europe/Finland/Helsinki
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: [script] WME Junction Angle Info

Postby milkboy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:09 am

Anyway, made a new version that seems to work nicely in the beta editor also. (Only tested in practice mode, as I don't have real access).

Also fixed the translation issue, so the one and only word being displayed anywhere (the layer name) is now translated for Swedish editor users. yay \o/
Nexus 5 | CM 13 (Android 6.0.1 nightly)
ImageImageImageImage
Škoda Octavia III Combi 2.0 TDI RS DSG 2014 Image
milkboy
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:24 am
Location: Europe/Finland/Helsinki
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: [script] WME Junction Angle Info

Postby sketch » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:46 pm

milkboy wrote:Meh. The URL changed again? That kind of sucks, because the browser add-ons usually get disabled by default when the URL:s they run on changes (a nice security measure yes, but inconvenient for users). But thank you for the notice. I'll fix that and try to make translations work also asap.

Yeah, but at least this one seems to be at least somewhat permanent. It happened alongside big changes to the website and also to permalink parameters.

On the plus side, the locale is now part of the permalink string, so "https://www.waze.com/editor/*" and "https://editor-beta.waze.com/editor/*" should cover it for the foreseeable future however it must be formatted, without the bit which I assume is there to cover the old /na/ /row/ etc.

Confirmed working in the beta now :)
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 5716
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:13 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA
Has thanked: 1265 times
Been thanked: 1735 times

Re: [script] WME Junction Angle Info

Postby n8nagel » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:34 pm

[farnsworth]Good news, everybody![/farnsworth]

I've been following this discussion but as Tampermonkey would for some reason cause issues with WME, I wasn't able to try manually loading anything. Apparently the "official" versions of both Toolbox and Junction Angle Info were updated since the last time I fired up the editor, and are now working correctly!
Image
n8nagel
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:44 pm
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 58 times

Re: [script] WME Junction Angle Info

Postby brandonrossl » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:50 pm

Is it possible to allow an editor to select 2 segments and instead of angle show the turn instruction that will be given (if applicable)?

A simple TR (turn right), KR (keep right), CS (continue straight), and ER.... and so on would be useful to remove doubt from the process.
Image
brandonrossl
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:39 pm
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: [script] WME Junction Angle Info

Postby sketch » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:29 am

brandonrossl wrote:Is it possible to allow an editor to select 2 segments and instead of angle show the turn instruction that will be given (if applicable)?

A simple TR (turn right), KR (keep right), CS (continue straight), and ER.... and so on would be useful to remove doubt from the process.

Well, it depends on more than simply the angle... it's rather complex, depending also on road types, road names, and the other segments. It's not something we editors are fully aware of.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 5716
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:13 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA
Has thanked: 1265 times
Been thanked: 1735 times

Re: [script] WME Junction Angle Info

Postby elljay23 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:53 am

sketch wrote:
brandonrossl wrote:Is it possible to allow an editor to select 2 segments and instead of angle show the turn instruction that will be given (if applicable)?

A simple TR (turn right), KR (keep right), CS (continue straight), and ER.... and so on would be useful to remove doubt from the process.

Well, it depends on more than simply the angle... it's rather complex, depending also on road types, road names, and the other segments. It's not something we editors are fully aware of.

Thought the logic was captured in the wiki here. Are there extra rules?
elljay23
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:21 pm
Has thanked: 214 times
Been thanked: 60 times

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users