[Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.2.1 2017-08-16

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.0.7.5 Dec 23 2012

Postby iainhouse » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:32 am

Hi Brian

I would like to make a suggestion for some new functionality for this script. I don't imagine it will be particularly simple, but I suspect this script is the place to add it and you're the man with the skills to do it. :D

I'm sure many editors have come across the occasional "corrupt junction": where all the geometry and turn restrictions are correct, yet Waze still will not route correctly through the junction. The solution is to note the current turn restrictions; pull each segment (including the last) away from the junction node allowing it to disappear; rejoin the segments again; move the node back to it's original location; restore the turn restrictions.

The first part of my request is a way to automate this procedure. It wouldn't be done very often and should probably not be made easy to do (to discourage people doing it when there's no point). Perhaps only accessible through a button on the left-hand panel or an unusual key combo (ctrl+shift+Q perhaps) with a confirmation pop-up before rebuilding the junction.

The second part concerns actually identifying these nodes. I don't even know if it's possible to identify that a node is corrupt in this manner. We may well have to provide you with examples to look at. :) If it is detectable, then the above methods suggested for user access to fixing it would not be necessary: the script could simply fix the node as part of it's normal fix operation.
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

Re: [Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.0.7.5 Dec 23 2012

Postby iainhouse » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:07 pm

doctorkb wrote:It depends on your jurisdiction.

+1

In the UK, the vast majority of currently enabled u-turns appear on single segment streets at junctions where u-turns are physically impossible. I suspect that they have all been created by users effectively doing a 3-point turn at the junction using one of the connected segments - all within too small a space for GPS resolution to see what's happened. Waze then soft-enables a u-turn.

The result is that the client will (if it wants to turn the driver around), try to route them to do a u-turn where none is possible. Of course another issue is that the client can't actually give a u-turn instruction yet, but that's a whole other discussion. ;)

At the few junctions (compared to the total number of them) where u-turns might be possible, they're specifically forbidden more often than not. That's simply because our ancient UK roads don't normally have wide enough carriageways or dividers to make it easy to do. From a UK perspective (and I fully understand that this does not apply worldwide), I would far rather JNF removed u-turns and I had to put them back afterwards - it would be the most efficient way to work here.

I'm sure we'd miss enabling some u-turns that are OK, but MPs and URs will help to alert us to the realistically small number that are actually legal here.
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.0.9.6 2014-12-23

Postby iainhouse » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:02 am

Just to expand on that, even if Waze routes the correct way, the app may display the purple route line going the other way, leading to URs because the directions don't match the map. If a UR is reported, then in WME there may also be a conflict between the Waze route shown by the purple line and the instruction icons which are for the alternate route.

Also, the extra node will not affect exit counts because it isn't an exit. The exit count can only be affected if a segment is attached to the node - either a 2-way segment or 1-way away from the roundabout.
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.0.9.8 2015-12-15

Postby iainhouse » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:50 pm

Fredo-p wrote:I don't have JNF script or extension installed. What is causing the API failed box to keep showing up?

JNF is also incorporated into WME Toolbox - and WME Toolbox does not have this latest fix. I think that WME Toolbox may have a check that only enables the built-in version if "native" JNF is not installed, so it might be worth trying to install the standalone version.
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.0.8.2 2014-01-29

Postby irowiki » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:24 pm

rivercitysyn wrote:Is there a reason permissions are set so that the extension has access to so much in Chrome?

Would it be possible to restrict them in the next release for peace of mind?

Did you cross post to the wrong thread? :lol: This isn't a chrome extension and it has website restrictions in the script itself!
irowiki

Postby irowiki » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:15 am

As I said, I think you posted in the wrong thread:

// ==UserScript==
// @name WME Junction Node Fixer
// @description Creates a new editor hotkey to lock turns, fix reverse connectivity, and restore original restricted turns.
// @updateURL https://userscripts.org/scripts/source/144939.user.js
// @include https://*.waze.com/editor/*
// @include https://*.waze.com/map-editor/*
// @include https://*.waze.com/beta_editor/*
// @include https://editor-beta.waze.com/*
// @include https://descartes.waze.com/beta/*
// @include https://descartesw.waze.com/beta/*
// @version 0.0.8.2
// ==/UserScript==
Attachments
jnf permissions.PNG
(10.61 KiB) Downloaded 1185 times
irowiki

Postby irowiki » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:27 pm

Oh is it a chrome extension now too?
irowiki

Postby irowiki » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:43 pm

Ah okay, I'm using the tampermonkey script from userscripts.org
irowiki

Postby ispyisail » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:13 pm

nibby34 wrote:cannot access any script page

I have the same problem
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby james890526 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:43 pm

ottonomy wrote:
sketch wrote:I get the error sometimes when already logged in, actually. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I believe it started happening only after I installed the Chrome Web Store version.

I've had the problem before the Chrome Web Store version was released, but it has presented itself more frequently since then.

Login status does not make a difference in my case. I never really log out, and when WME loads, following this API check message, I get the user greeting, and current points status, et cetera, confirming that I'm indeed logged in.

I too experienced this error. I'm currently using Firefox 31.0 and GreaseMonkey 2.1. The error pops up even when I'm signed in (never logged out). Can anyone confirm whether it works 100% with FF+GM?
james890526
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts