Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by Fredo-p
You could also throw in the How would you define a hard surface wrench if you wanted too. :D
Fredo-p
Send a message

Arizona Wiki | @Waze_Arizona Twitter
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+

Post by Fredo-p
I only see supplementary road used in other countries. It's how the US calls it ramps but other countires calls it slip road. I think the same applies with supplementary roads. I think the US calls it something else.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
herrchin wrote:
DwarfLord wrote: Is there a more general US term for less important or side roads that would do?
Officially, that would be Local Road. A road with the lowest volume of traffic and lowest speed limit.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
qwaletee wrote: Macadam was developed as a layered crushed stone substrate with a binding layer on top. Asphalt, where the stone and binder are pre-mixed and go down together, has mostly supplanted Macadam. However, old names stick around, and it is fairly common to call asphalt paving "Macadam."

I've never heard of macadam until this thread. It's always been asphalt for me. The only "types" that I know that are used for paving material is asphalt and concrete. Oh, and the "latest and greatest" rubberized asphalt to absorb sound...lol
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
There are YouTube videos on it by, I think, construction companies so you should an idea of what states use the term.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab A using Tapatalk
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by FzNk
juliansean wrote:I know I'm really late to the game on this forum, but just found a lot of roads that I can't edit in the mountains in California. When fixing other issues, should this setting still be used (PS acting as mH and mH acting as MH), or was this old school? I'm asking here since this doesn't seem to be a California only issue. Thank you.

Are you talking about routing preference? Please post a permalink of an example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FzNk
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

NWR Assistant Regional Coordinator :: Oregon State Manager
Waze Beta Leader (Android) :: WME Beta

Post by FzNk
SanzClew wrote:From your PL in a post above, that segment has a list of AM's who can edit that in the box at the left - the screenshot below hows the link to click:

Keep in mind that's not a stock feature. I believe it's from Toolbox.

FzNk
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by FzNk
Sorry, I missed PZ's post and wasn't intending to dog-pile on the point.

FzNk
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Grid64
Time to revamp the page with the new map editor today. Dirt roads are now unpaved.
Grid64
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by HavanaDay
To add my opinion to this topic, if I read the wiki entry and these posts correctly, I would like to make the following changes/clarifications:

US Hwy Bus Routes - Should not automatically be major but minor minimally.
State Hwy Bus Routes - Should not automatically be minor but minimally classed as primary.

We also have some US Alt routes in NC that I have a tough time deciding what there function should be. So some sort of input/thoughts would be great for that for me.

I will concur with sketch's assessment that going to a FC class based system greatly approves routing. As an example SC barely had anything in the rural areas touched regarding road classification. So a trip from NC to FL would basically be a sticky to interstates and some extent major highways. I took some time to add FC's to the counties I travel on a back way. It is roughly the same amount of time (because of distance) as the freeways. But, after making the changes I am no longer married to the freeways and major highways. It still tries to route me on the freeways for a certain amount of time (Understandable given that the freeway was x minutes faster) but after the next few miles it finally figures out and routes the quickest way down the back way.

I also believe if we go straight FC that would cause less "exceptions" to be had. I really see the advantages of both systems, but I think overall the "hybrid" system has worked pretty well in most cases.

What needs to be stressed in the hybrid system is the word minimally. As in a state highway is minimally classed as a minor highway in Waze.
HavanaDay
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message