The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by pumrum
believe it or not... this guy was actually not messing with me. I had to read it 3 times just to be sure, but it's real. huh.
devil.png
(26.68 KiB) Downloaded 809 times
pumrum
Send a message

Post by pumrum
PROBLEM:
solar.png
(98.12 KiB) Downloaded 732 times
SOLUTION:
pumrum
Send a message

Post by pumrum
I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords...
bugs.png
(27.29 KiB) Downloaded 939 times
pumrum
Send a message

Post by PvilleT
usbank.com disagrees with the reporter.

EDIT: not that I'm surprised...
PvilleT
Send a message

Post by PvilleT
OK, you're right -- what I'm finding is actually all ATMs. I wouldn't have been as flippant in any other thread, but since this is jolly drivers, I read the original complaint from the reporter to mean there were not any U.S. (aka national) banks in Texas, only Texas (state) banks. Perhaps I misread it.

Can we get a permalink so we can look for an errant Waze landmark? Texas landmark guidance calls for banks not to be marked. (And since the tiles haven't updated since places came along, we're still looking at that.)
PvilleT
Send a message

Post by PvilleT
Wow guys, I feel like I need to be more careful with my wording. :-) Landmarks are still in the client app. Places aren't yet. So under the guidance in place at the time of the last tile update, banks shouldn't have been landmarked in Texas. If there is one there (vs a POI search from another provider) we do need to fix it. For editing I'm going by the new US Places guidance. I'll get with txemt about the Texas forum post, since that was his thread.
PvilleT
Send a message

Post by PvilleT
irowiki wrote:
Update Request: General error
hitchhiker
Is this a feature request for a new "Hazard on Shoulder"?
PvilleT
Send a message

Post by PvilleT
General error (user reported)
Problem: I have four gas stations within five miles of where I live.
Not sure whether to reply "great!" or "you should move."

EDIT: Got a good reply saying that some didn't show up. I found several that had been imported but never touched by an editor, so they were minimally sized area places, too small to show up on the map. Mischief managed.
PvilleT
Send a message
Last edited by PvilleT on Mon May 12, 2014 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by qwaletee
txemt wrote:
bz2012 wrote: The e-mail that WAZE sends shows the location and gives a link to the report in the map editor.
It also shows the date of the report.
If THAT doesn't 'jog' the memory of the reporter, what will?
A flux capacitor.
Unless he eats it. That may be the only way to stop him anyway. Enjoy the coffee.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
You can't let these things get you too excited. I try to engage drivers to start the process, and if they respond with sketchy info, I just try to get them to refine it. Usually, shorter responses work better. For example, in the above exchange, it could have gone like this:
sockslabs(3) Hi, map editor here to solve your problem. What happened?
Reporter I entered an address on oak st. Wade brought to a point on route 9 west. Oak st parallels route 9. But there is half a mile between them
sockslabs(3) OK, let's get that fixed! What was the exact address you entered?
Reporter It brought me to the wrong street. I call that an error
sockslabs(3) I got that. What's the house number? Without that, I can't fix it.
Will there be more rounds? Probably not. If the driver still acted uncooperative, I would just leave it open for a week after that, then respond with:

Hi, again! I'm still willing to help if you're interested, otherwise, can we close this case? Let me know your intentions in the next day or so, please.

He'll either ignore it and I'll close it a few days later, or he'll respond with the address, or he'll respond with something else. If it is something else, I can say:

Please provide the *exact* address you entered, including house number. Otherwise, I have to close this.

2 days later, and it is either fixed or not identified. I almost never even reach this level of "mulberry bush." Mostly, I get ignored, I don't let it get to me, and I just close them out after that "Hi, again!" warning.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues