Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by dbraughlr
1. The U-turn must be allowed.
2. Widening the U-turn could give rise to "Stay right" instructions for traffic going straight through.
3. Moving the split will result in Missing Road MPs when drivers make the legal U-turn.

Regardless, the example you gave doesn't match the transition scenario at all and would be detected because of either:
  1. The junction does not have a two-way street splitting into two one-way streets departing at less than 60 degrees from the two-way and within 90 degrees of each other. Or,
  2. The names of the one-way lanes do not begin with the name of the two-way street.
An at-grade connector is a one-way street that is usually unnamed. The duplicate right turn on the two-way portion should be disallowed.
dbraughlr

Post by dbraughlr
As long as we are quoting the wiki:
NOTE: Be aware of the geometry used in the bow tie. If the angles are too steep (45 degrees or greater) a driver traveling along one of the one-way segments may be told to "turn" or "stay" at the intersection instead of receiving no instruction.
dbraughlr

Post by dbraughlr
sketch wrote: If a distinction can be made between at-grade connector too-sharp turns and transition too-sharp turns, …
I gave two rules which should be adequate to isolate the vast majority of divided↔undivided transition.
I think they are easily distinguished from intersections with AGCs. The most obvious being that the two-way segment enters and leaves the junction. In a transition, the two-way stops at the junction.
dbraughlr

Post by dbraughlr
I have not encountered this bug. Enough people have that it deserves its own thread.
dbraughlr

Post by dbraughlr
The results should update dynamically when you change elements. Otherwise, press the χ icon to delete old results.
dbraughlr

Post by dbraughlr
BellHouse wrote:we can let this issue sleep again.
The issue belongs in another thread - not in this one.

It might be helpful if a moderator would move some of the elevation discussion from this thread to the other.
dbraughlr

Post by dbraughlr
berestovskyy wrote:Any ideas?
String them together using delimiters, e.g. name + '\t' + city + '\n'.
dbraughlr

Post by dbraughlr
berestovskyy wrote: 2. No right* turn (for any drivable road)
* for the right-hand traffic
Report/highlight the segment if at the node:
a) there is a 90±5° right turn
Why not any segment between 80° and the continuation segment or 180° whichever is less?
Of course, when the continuation segment is <80°, it is the right turn.
dbraughlr

Post by dbraughlr
sketch wrote: What do you mean by "up to 85°"? I would think it should apply for any angle (45º < angle ≤ 90º); i.e., any that would give a "turn right" instruction.
Ignoring the detail that departure angles from too sharp all the way to <135º give a "turn right" instruction, I still think that the point is that a turn should be expected to be allowed to any road between, say 45º and wherever the best continuation is.

In short, a road which merely requires "stay right" still should have its turn enabled- at least this is what I was expecting. So if the road bears hard left, a turn of straight ahead should be expected to be permitted even if 185º.

I think another way if saying this is that any road that can be reached without crossing traffic is the opposing direction, why is the turn not allowed?
(Yes, bypass roads like AGCs are such examples. I'm not asking. I'm just saying that this is the essence of the question that the validation asks.)
dbraughlr
Last edited by dbraughlr on Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by dbraughlr
I was referring to the angle as measured from the current segment, not in degrees of turn.
So the angles I gave need to be subtracted from 180 to get degrees of right turn, e.g. 180° - 185° = -5° right turn (a turn slightly left of course).
dbraughlr