Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.
Post by jondrush
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: Jr. B St. Dr. = "junior bee saint doctor"
That's a real place?
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jondrush
We strongly recommend that Penna be used in place of Penn to avoid that particular conflict.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jondrush
AwCrap. Penna was working as an abbreviation that spoke "Pennsylvania", but now it is busted. Just says "Penna". Any insight on why this changed?
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jondrush
Penna is not being said as Pennsylvania. This has been broken since near the end of last year.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jondrush
Hah. shows how provincial I am. I never thought to check if Penna is a common name. Thanks for the fix.

On another topic from Pennsylvania. Could we get Phila to say Philadelphia? I Googled it and it doesn't seem to be a common usage anywhere else.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jondrush
What are we to conclude if the new test sounder still doesn't sound like what is being pronounced in the client?
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jondrush
Rebar is pronounced as re-BAR, it should RE-bar.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Jpere
sketch wrote:
taddison1 wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:What was the exact name of the expressway, as named on the Waze map? It's working fine at the expressway near me.
It's "N Central Expy".

Whatever this TTS problem is, it doesn't seem to be consistent. Most streets announce fine, there seem to be just a few that don't.

I haven't figured out if it's always the same streets that fail to announce the abbreviations correctly, or if it's just a random failure that can occur on any street. Unfortunately, the streets that I've heard fail are far from my house so I can't easily go and drive them again.
All the examples I saw with the "N" problem seem to be where Waze doesn't expect a "north", that is, wherever the N is not preceded by a street abbreviation or a numerical highway designation. So it didn't work on "Cesar Chavez N" or "I-35W N", while I assume it would work on "Cesar Chavez Dr N" or "I-35 N".
You could be on to something. There are some ramps I need to fix in the Miami area that read out as "Florida's Turnpike N" instead of "Florida's Turnpike North" and it might be because it's not expecting that N to be there.
Jpere
Send a message

Post by jrgardner16
Can the pronunciation of the city of Bradenton Florida be changed
from BRAD-en-ton,
to BRAID-en-ton?

Also, street name of Countryway Blvd
from Country wah
to Country way

Thanks
jrgardner16
Send a message

Post by juliansean
Tennyson is mispronounced. It's tenny like tennis shoes. Tenny-son. Also as in Lord Tennyson the author.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... st=6329768
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM
SM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS