Windows Phone OS (WP) - Currently not supported  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

Postby joris_b » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:12 pm

App is working fine, except that it seems unable to download voices.
For 2 weeks I already have "Downloading new voices: 0%" at the top of my screen.

Reinstallation did not change anything.
joris_b

Postby markhs » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:52 am

The update solve the battery drain issue. Last weekend I drove for a total of 7 hours connected to a charger. My phone never lost charge (battery level stayed the same) and I was able to use Waze the entire time. Phone never got hot, warm but not hot. I have a high amperage charger and a good cable which is probably a requirement for any gps apps.
markhs

Postby UberGadgetFreak » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:02 pm

I have a Lumia 1520 and use Waze a LOT.

A few things to note:
1: No Landscape mode - frustrating
2: No voice input for address search within Waze (I have to rely on the separate phone search itself).
3: Address searches appear random, not in order by nearest to farthest
4: It would be a "nice to have" option to export/export addresses between waze users

None of these are critical by any means, but would be nice to have.

As for the battery issue - Some chargers say 2 Amps, but they are not continuous or consistent. I've had to go through a few chargers before I found an old Garmin one that will charge my 1520 while using waze and Bluetooth simultaneously. If the phone back is getting hot, your charger may not be charging the phone with enough power/current.
UberGadgetFreak

Postby lionelpc » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:09 pm

I'm using waze on a Lumia 625.
I'm missing a feature that allow me to record incidents of any kind later on the map.
I've noticed from time to time voice switched in English while it's set to French.
Apart from that, great application, I'm a fan.
lionelpc

Postby hidegandras » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:33 pm

I'm not sure if I should post it here or to Gas prices feature: everything you need to know thread.

I was in line at a gas station today for abut 20 minutes, and couldn't figure out how to update the gas prices. This feature worked well on Android and iOS, a notification popped up and asked me if I want to update the prices. Nothing showed up on WP, so I tried to update the prices manually, but without any luck.

I am using Waze 3.7.4.5 on a Nokia Lumia 925 running WP 8 Black Update.
Waze on iPhone 5s on Digi.Mobil
Area manager - Târgu-Mureș
hidegandras
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Machete808 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:54 pm

Got a report of a similar problem on an iPhone, so it seemed to be an issue across platforms. However, this morning the gas price feature was working OK for me.
Aloha,
Vicki
Hawaii State Manager
Area manager, Los Angeles
Country manager, Thailand
Image Image
Need support?
support.google.com/waze > Popular topics > FAQs > Other > Open a ticket
Welcome, new editors:
Here's a good place to start!
Machete808
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby Chris-Maes » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:56 am

Firstly, I want to thank Waze for developing a Windows Phone 8 app!

I've got a few questions though: audio is not routed through the blutooth (that's okay, my car probably does not support this) but sound is very, very low (even though system volume is set to max). Also, I don't seem to get an audio alert for speed traps and red light camera's (only a pop-up)?

Am I the only one with very low audio? I read the whole thread and found nobody else complaining about this. I have a Lumia 625
Chris-Maes

Postby Ciannait » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:19 am

Have Waze installed on a Lumia 1020 and noticed a bug with navigation prompts. I accidentally selected a Spanish language navigation voice, and since I don't speak Spanish I switched back to English. This worked, mostly, except there's a bug now. When the navigation alert is coming up for a turn half-a-mile to a mile off (when it is NOT alerting the specifics of the street name, etc), it says, "In half a mile, *something in Spanish*" (where *something in Spanish* is where it used to say, "keep left" or "make a left"). When approaching the actual street the behavior is as expected. ("In 500 feet, take a left onto Avondale Road." Or whatever.)
Ciannait

Postby Ciannait » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:20 am

Chris-Maes wrote:Firstly, I want to thank Waze for developing a Windows Phone 8 app!

I've got a few questions though: audio is not routed through the blutooth (that's okay, my car probably does not support this) but sound is very, very low (even though system volume is set to max). Also, I don't seem to get an audio alert for speed traps and red light camera's (only a pop-up)?

Am I the only one with very low audio? I read the whole thread and found nobody else complaining about this. I have a Lumia 625

I have noticed that if I have Waze running *before* the Bluetooth pair occurs, the navigation is through the phone speaker. If I start Waze *after* the Bluetooth pair, it comes through the car's audio. HTH.
Ciannait

Postby Tecknoth » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:17 pm

Hello there,

I'm now using the 3.7.4.5 release on a nokia lumia 925 and... Damn I'm not convinced, it still needs to be perfected.

The app still suffers from bugs :
The battery is now less drained, but in return we know have the following drawback : the position is visibly acquired less often. I frequently have holes of minutes in which waze is unable to tell where I am, sometimes the app even believe that a slow down is occuring (popup showing up asking wether I'm in trafic or not). On the same phone, the stock app HERE drive+ always seems to be able to keep track of my position without any problem, and without having to drain the whole battery that is to say...
The app also still randomly hang up and quit, sometimes taking the whole phone os away with it
Tecknoth

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App