Post by RooikatTV_YouTube
Wow, loads of reading, lots of repetition of the same info, so I want to interrupt the debate by offering my "very biased opinion -- KuhlKatz", and since this topic is open for voting ;) I vote in favor of KuhlKatz for his "Exit nn: Route Streetname (additional info)" and to drop the "to" prefix, but optional when referring to a further destination (in some important cases). Being a professional driver, I want Waze to speak what I see on the boards, plus, as I always say, TTS mispronounced our names, so additional names and numbers provide a better hit to follow the right direction.

I do object to have ramps and slip ways blank. If nothing else, just give the freeway exits a "Exit nn". The keep left, keep right directions are just annoying. If no other information is available to name the ramp and slip way different from the main street it connects, then make the city field blank to "no city". Then when you select the entire street, the slip way and ramps will not be selected. But I personally feel ramps and slip ways need naming.

Ramps towards different locations can have the same basic info "Exit nn: Route Streetname" then where the ramp split into two separate directions, then ramp specific info can be introduced "Route nn Streetname (suburb)" for each sub ramp.

I know too much info is "screen clutter -- LeighGr", but sometimes basic info is just helpless.

Anyway, I vote to drop "to" and name all ramps and slip ways with "no city" checked.

Gerald
RooikatTV_YouTube
Send a message
Gerald Snyman
AM: Pretoria West, Pretoria, RSA
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png

Post by txemt
Um.....we do that in the US.
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.