The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by qwaletee
Are we getting pedantic with our jolly reports. Most of them I've seen lately are easy to figure out from the context. I'm really looking for stuff that just leaves you scratching you head and clicking SOLVED, just to get even.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
Dev0 wrote:
Fredo-p wrote:Do I reply "Repaired and filled hole. Will be sending you invoice"? :D

I mean.......just....really? I'm trying so hard to not reply to this for my lack of self control and what I might say. :twisted:
pothole.jpg
I would do it haha. Perhaps people will learn to use the report function correctly then.
How about:

Thank you driver for reporting this pothole. After assessing the situation, we have closed this road, so that we can prevent danger to drivers, and make repairs, which are scheduled to complete by October 2015.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
Fredo, you are obviously a weak Joisey boy. It woulda been - howzabout I just fill the pothole wid your head, make it at least a little useful ya mope.

I might have mixed a little Brooklyn in there.

Speaking of Brooklyn, here's another good one:
(Like that segue?)
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
Thank you, Kobe, for taking the time to close all of those. If I had to guess, that's a kid on his dad's iPhone.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
orbitc wrote:
Problem: hot girl in mustang

Admit it -- that's your own UR.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
Was the router, the driver, the GPS chip, or all three digging too deep into the beer cooler on Memorial Day?

Reported on: May 25 / Turn not allowed (user reported)

qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
I should hope not!

http://i.imgur.com/uob1cHQl.png

Probably from the ferry. If they ever start carrying cars again, we'll have to map it. Probably not happening.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
Hi, ScottZane,

I think this joker is just asking why he can't get a faster ETA, since he drives like a demon. What a jerk.

Not sure what you meant by wrong "forum"
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
CBenson wrote:Maybe its time to get rid of the missing overpass report.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-76.67 ... 97&env=usa
Sorry out of my area, so I can't see the UR. Mind posting a screencap?
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
Fredo-p wrote:
CBenson wrote:Maybe its time to get rid of the missing overpass report.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-76.67 ... 97&env=usa
I think its better to reword the missing bridge/overpass map issue. If you look at what it stands for the wording could confuse drivers on how to use it. I think this should be something along the lines of "Incorrect/improper intersection". Or just merge it with the incorrect junction.
Well, it could be bad junction or missing road. But either way, I have never encountered one where it really made sense. The only thing I could imagine is if one roadway cuts above another, and as the driver passes the other highway, he notices that the map does not depict it at all.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message