Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by dbraughlr
pumrum wrote:Highlight Non-drivable segments that form junctions with segments of a different type.
I think that junctions between walking path, boardwalk, and stairway are fine.
dbraughlr
Send a message

Post by dbraughlr
CBenson wrote:These segments have been ramps for quite some time and I've never found enough of a reason to change them.
Yes, those should fail validation. Then someone would have a good reason to change them if the wiki is not reason enough.
dbraughlr
Send a message

Post by dbraughlr
levin wrote:we also have many old streets with spaces instead of names
If this is the only reason, then this is a good reason to have a separate validation that the name must contain something more than whitespace and punctuation. Thus two letters are valid, two spaces are not.
dbraughlr
Send a message

Post by dbraughlr
sketch wrote: Toolbox helps to some extent, but having to comb at Zoom 4 to load street type segments takes much, much longer than a Zoom 0 or 1 scan.
It sounds like a fix to Toolbox would be the best. Toolbox should allow the entry of some selection criteria and along with suitably limiting criteria, a scan over a wider area.
dbraughlr
Send a message

Post by dbraughlr
berestovskyy wrote:19.02.2014 v0.7.0:
- UPD #101 'Closed road': default marker is '(Closed)'
I think what we are saying is that "(closed)" in a new way to exclude or include roads for a US construction zone.

Any US road name containing "CONST ZN" (and some variants) is invalid in all contexts regardless of construction zone exclusion. The error is that the name is invalid and should be updated either because the construction zone has expired or the name needs to be changed to have the "(closed)" suffix.
dbraughlr
Send a message

Post by dbraughlr
All three should be detected without parentheses and case-blind, the first two identify a construction zone road for which error and warnings may optionally be suppressed. The third identifies a construction zone which needs to be updated.
dbraughlr
Send a message

Post by dbraughlr
kentsmith9 wrote: Unless someone can identify the problem
Simply put, there is not Road Type for connectors below the class of highways (freeways, MH, mH).
(I highly favor adding a proper road type for connectors; perhaps this is what "Service road" was originally intended to do.)

For normal classification Streets (primary street, street, and the obsolete service road), any connector is the lower of the two ends.

For Other - drivable (dirt roads, parking lot roads, and so forth) and all Non-drivable types, any connector is just whatever it is.

Ramp is a highway classification in the taxonomy of Road types.
Using Ramp for a street is a misuse of a highway road type for non-highway function.
  • Highway
    • Freeway
    • Major highway
    • Minor highway
    • Ramp
    Street
    • Primary street
    • Street
    • Service road
dbraughlr
Send a message

Post by dbraughlr
petervdveen wrote: I would say, don't mark it as an error when:
- the non-driveable is a dead-end road.
We consider that someone has arrived at his destination when he reaches the limit of the drivable roadway. What is a scenario where we would attach a non-drivable road to a drivable road? Such a situation would lead to Waze attempting to route over the non-drivable road. What do you have in mind? Is this for walking directions or bicycles?
dbraughlr
Send a message

Post by dbraughlr
berestovskyy wrote: So I'm not sure if Validator should suppress issues at the "not closed" road :?

A report for obsolete CONST ZN markers will be added.
I agree. I see two independent options to filter the report:
  1. Omit any roadway with name containing "closed".
  2. Omit any roadway with name not containing (at least) one of {"closed", "construction", "CONST"}.
(Neither, either, or both options may be selected.)
dbraughlr
Send a message

Post by dbraughlr
When a USA street name starts with a compass indicator [ENSW], the next word should start with a capital letter. "W laRue St" should be flagged with error #94.
dbraughlr
Send a message