Alert Priorities

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Moderators: Unholy, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Alert Priorities

Postby Adam_Thrasher » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:38 pm

I am not sure how the app prioritizes the various alert types but recently where more than one alert existed (rain & police then another time car on shoulder & police) I received an audible about the road hazard & not the police. I found myself complaining out loud that police should always be prioritized over rain. If a police happens within half a mile of any other hazard couldn't the police alert be the first one to draw my attention?
Adam_Thrasher

Re: Alert Priorities

Postby Adam_Thrasher » Thu May 01, 2014 11:47 am

That's what I mean, prioritize instead of all alerts being equal & announced on a device based on how close you are to them. I can't speak for everyone else that uses the app, if Waze were my real life co pilot & he pointed out rain ahead instead of or before he pointed out the speed trap that lies 50 or 100 after the rain ahead I would have to ask him to please recognize that pointing out rain ahead is great but point out the police first & foremost.
In settings there is a "show on Map" selection, couldn't there be a similar setting screen to set priorities? Maybe someone is moving furniture in an open pickup truck & they'd rather prioritize rain alerts instead.
IDK just a thought, I commute a long way sometimes the accelerator gets away from me deep in thought about other things while anxious to get home. I can deal with the cars on the shoulder & the rain up ahead much easier than I can deal with a ticket. I'd much rather Waze snap me out of my Daze before the law man does.
Adam_Thrasher

Re: Alert Priorities

Postby MeridianHills » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:09 am

I've never experienced alert prioritization before, as far as I know the alerts come through in order of how close you are to them along your given route. When you have several reports that are nearly stacked up on top of each other, some reports may go un-noticed possibly. Especially if you are travelling on a Interstate/Autoroute/Autobahn/ Motorway and are travelling at highway speeds, some reports may slip under because you have already passed where the reporter dropped the alert pin. I have no idea if that is truth or not, but I would guess that it would be fairly probable in cases like that.
Image Image

Meridian Hills, Indiana

Area Manager: Southeast Illinois & Chicagoland, Western/ Northern Kentucky, Western/Southwest Ohio, Southwest Michigan
MeridianHills
Map Raider
Map Raider

Return to Waze App Feature Requests