No GPS Reception  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: don't know how to deal with ''no gps signal''?

Postby kittymeow2 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:09 pm

I and the others i checked are all using the iphone 6 ver 9.2
kittymeow2

Postby jimjeffcoat » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:44 pm

Sometimes if you get that message when the GPS is already on, turning it off and back on will occasionally help.
jimjeffcoat

Postby joeqp » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:29 pm

thanks for the help Pedrolima785 ... I will give it a try.
joeqp

Postby pedrolima785 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:42 pm

Go to your mobilephone option menu and see if you have the GPS on, then go to waze and check if you have singal
it can take as long to 5min to get the GPS, also do that outside.
pedrolima785
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: Can't detect my GPS

Postby Jmmen » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:27 pm

It is a Waze issue, the latest version has a problem. Try a previous one. This subject is on a previous threat.
Jmmen

Postby moomoogoo » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:40 am

iPad mini, iOS 9.3.1
moomoogoo

Postby DavidAbarca » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:16 pm

Which iPad model are you using and what's your current OS
DavidAbarca
Experts
Experts

Re: "No GPS Reception" Error - Can't Report or Update Prices

Postby downhilla4 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:09 pm

vince1612 wrote:
downhilla4 wrote:Yeah, everything works on app except getting the GPS reception error when trying to update gas prices, I can report hazards fine.

Are you still able to search for gas stations and see/compare prices around you?

I've heard that some people were having trouble with this feature on their phones recently. If you're also affected this might be why you can't report prices.

Vince, cleared Waze cache on the phone App, no difference on the commute home.

Just searched local gas stations and I could see/compare prices, showing the last time the gas prices were updated, 3 days ago, when the problem first started. Hm, maybe its just a bug that is taking a few days to be rectified. Just odd that everything else with the app works.
downhilla4

Postby vince1612 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:24 pm

downhilla4 wrote:Yeah, everything works on app except getting the GPS reception error when trying to update gas prices, I can report hazards fine.

Are you still able to search for gas stations and see/compare prices around you?

I've heard that some people were having trouble with this feature on their phones recently. If you're also affected this might be why you can't report prices.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby downhilla4 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:58 pm

vince1612 wrote:
downhilla4 wrote:Past few days I've been receiving the, "No GPS Reception in location, make sure you are outdoors" error. Every time I try making a report or update Gas Prices. Been using the same 3.9 version, Location is on phone, no updates on Waze or phone has happened. Phone is used in same location in the car for the past 3 years.

Not sure what changed, over the past few days. Will try clearing all cache on App and try again later.

Thoughts on what it could be? Are they finally kicking us out of the old, cleaner Waze versions? Thanks!

I'm not aware of any plans to kick anyone out of a version of the app. In your case it might be hard to suggest a fresh install of the Waze app because I guess you don't want to move to 4.x?

From what I understand you're saying that you can navigate and get GPS for routing but only have a problem when wanting to report gas prices, correct? That's one I had not heard before :|

Let us know what happens after you try clearing the cache and if you try anything else like an app reset. I've also merged your post in a thread which groups all issues with GPS since a few years now. There might be posts about GPS problems with version 3.9 in the previous pages that could offer better tips and tricks for you.

Vince, correct. Thanks for merging thread. For some reason didn't see it via mobile. Good to know they aren't disabling features on us using older versions. :)

Yeah, everything works on app except getting the GPS reception error when trying to update gas prices, I can report hazards fine.
downhilla4

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App