No GPS Reception  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Issue - Waze repeatedly losing GPS signal

Postby chriscompo » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:23 pm

I get this and it is annoying lost gps or even cell connection. Then it either doesn't re calculate route. Deletes route or needs re starting. A real pain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
chriscompo

Fix GPS

Postby ChipSD4Bernie » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:01 pm

It seems that many people are having problems with GPS while using Waze. Every time I try to use Waze on my iPhone I see that there is no GPS connection and this only happens with this app. Why is there not a definitive fix for this ?
ChipSD4Bernie

Re: don't know how to deal with ''no gps signal''?

Postby Carardo » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:37 am

Also, make sure you are somewhat outdoors. Sometimes when you are indoor, your phone does not pick up a gps sat signal. If you are outdoor, or in your car and are not getting GPS signal, then you have another problem...

:? :? :?
Carardo

Postby Borgholio » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:06 am

Ok guys, try this. Download an app called GPS Test. In it's settings menu, there are two buttons - Clear AGPS and Update AGPS.

Try clearing the AGPS and then updating it. That seemed to greatly improve GPS speed, accuracy, and reliability for me.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!

Area Manager - Southern California, Highway 395, Yosemite National Park, Mariposa County and surrounding area.

Image Image
Borgholio
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Borgholio » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:15 pm

Updated to the latest beta version...so far so good. Only one instance of this behavior but it lasted just a couple minutes. Don't know if it's the software or the GPS Toolbox that I've started running in the background. I'll keep posted.

Area Manager - Southern California, Highway 395, Yosemite National Park, Mariposa County and surrounding area.

Image Image
Borgholio
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Borgholio » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:27 pm

AndyPoms wrote:Try installing this app - it's a GPS Status / Toolbox and will run under Waze. Got it from one of the other Champs at the US Meetup this year - it will help you determine if your phone has weak/no GPS reception & if the problem is Waze or your device. It will also reboot your GPS/aGPS systems if it detects an issue.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2

I actually have that app, in addition to another called GPS Test. I never have a problem with signal strength, at least according to those two apps.

I'm not familiar with the ability for it to reboot my GPS if there's a problem though...

Image Image
Borgholio
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Borgholio » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:03 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Verify that other similar apps or GPS utility apps do or do not show similar symptoms.

BTW, how are you determining GPS is dropping? And, FYI, Waze has nothing to do with GPS other than reading the data that the phone OS provides to it.

I have not noticed other apps dropping GPS, but then again I don't use other apps nearly as much as I use Waze.

I notice the GPS is dropping when I look at the Waze client and it says "Searching for GPS" and the GPS icon on my phone is flashing.

Image Image
Borgholio
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Borgholio » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:02 am

AndyPoms wrote:Where is your phone when this happens? A windshield mount? On your lap? Tucked into the console somewhere?

Dashboard mount, with a clear view of the sky out the windshield.

Image Image
Borgholio
Area Manager
Area Manager

Issue - Waze repeatedly losing GPS signal

Postby Borgholio » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:09 am

Brand new (two weeks old) Galaxy Note 2 - AT&T network.

Installed Waze first thing when I got the phone and it worked great. Today on the freeway it started doing what my last phone (Galaxy S3) did...it would lose and then regain the GPS signal repeatedly. I'd be driving fine, then it would lose signal. A few seconds later it would regain signal, only to lose it again a few seconds after. I would have to reboot the phone to get it to work steadily again.

I'm not sure if it's a phone problem or a Waze problem, but since it's on both my old phone and a brand new phone, I'm leaning towards a Waze problem where it just drops the GPS signal and keeps re-acquiring it only to drop it again.

Is this something that sounds familiar to anybody?

Image Image
Borgholio
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: NO GPS

Postby bobkossler » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:42 pm

I called Pioneer and they said that had not heard of this problem. He said that he had a unit at hand with an iPhone connected to it, running WAZE and had no problem. I have an AVH-x5700BHS that was just installed. I updated the firmware to the latest version. I will try to see if it is a direct connect issue or a Bluetooth issue.
bobkossler

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App