New Address

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

New Address

Postby ariesboy475 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:22 pm

After working a bit with this earlier and now have played with it a bit more since that "public" alpha release. The new address is better but still lacking.

The better: previously i entered a new address of 123 My Street, My City, My State and it would return a few entries, the closes of which is My Street, My City, My State omitting the house number, 123. This has now been fixed. Thanks.

The lacking: Please add the ability to look up contact addresses. This will save having to manually enter all this text information. This will be very useful for me, since I always have my contact list updated to most known destinations.

Another nice to have would be a integration or some sort of link to other inputs. Say a search from any location results in an address. clicking on the address will invoke some intent/event listener that identifies that this is an address. and to send it to waze. I've seen something similar to this for the default google maps where it displays the address in the application.
ariesboy475

Re: New Address

Postby ariesboy475 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:14 pm

As an android user, I do have most all my contact sync'd to GMail. Whether this or any other location is the source for address entry to waze, i'll most likely add any addy there before i waze to the location.
ariesboy475

Postby Escher0 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:40 pm

I came into the forums specifically to request pulling addresses from the contact list. I'm on an iPhone and also have my contacts sync to google. This would add a lot to the usability of the app.
Escher0

Postby kasrhp » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:32 pm

He can tell you more, but all Android users get contacts synced with Gmail.
kasrhp

Postby The Fej » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:00 pm

Hi
The contact book item is something we'll add it to the wish list.
The search with connectivty to waze (like is done from the contacts to Google maps) is something that I wonder if we can override, given its a Google phone, but we'll add it to the wish list anyway.
Fej
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management

Postby yael elish » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:41 am

ariesboy475 do you have your contacts synched centrally somewhere online? gmail or elsewhere?
yael elish

Return to Search