These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by urifelsher
So that's Four people with this problem all using the xt890. android 4.1.2 problem
uri israel
urifelsher
Send a message

Post by usa_6fiv33i4
Waze has begun crashing on load for me over the past few days. LG-LS720, Android 4.1.2
usa_6fiv33i4
Send a message

Post by vladk2k
I have an issue with Waze that goes a few versions back (it has always been there). I bought a Nexus 7 2013 tablet (Android 4.4.2) for my wife in October 2013. She is configured as the administrative user (owner) and I have an account on it.

Waze does not function correctly for this second account (it is a normal account, not restricted). It opens up, downloads the language, gives me the EULA and then I have the option to sign in or create a new account.
If I try to sign in, it tells me I input the wrong credentials.
If I try to create a new account, it says it can't. Afterwards, it tries to download something and gives an error. I get the arrow on the screen but there is no map and continuously says "missing network" or something like this (like when you close celular transfer).

On the main (owner) account the application works perfectly. I've tried installing it only on main account, both accounts, second account, no change in behaviour). I did multiple wipes and uninstall/install, no go.

It seems to me that when it is installed on the second account, the app does not do data transfer. I this happens both over cellular data (3G) and WiFi.
vladk2k
Send a message

Post by vladk2k
The tablet is my wife's. She has the "owner" user. I have a regular user (as opposed to limited user).
I have only one Waze account (my wife doesn't drive)

On my wife's user (owner), Waze works correctly (with my waze account).
On my user, Waze does not connect to its servers (with my waze account).

The behaviour is the same regardless whether Waze is intalled only on the owner user, only on my user or on both users. My impression is that Waze is not handling the (few) restrictions I have as a non-owner user (for example, I can't turn off cellular data or enable tethering).

I can use Waze on my wife's user with no problems, but I thought this is a valid issue that should be handled by Waze development. I can attach further info if requiered
vladk2k
Send a message

Post by vladk2k
Yes, Waze appears to be restricted (data transfer) but I can't figure out why. All other apps have internet access (browser, facebook, ads in games etc.), only waze has this problem.

And since it can download the language pack (before authentication), I'm guessing there's an unhandled behaviour when running as a non-owner user in a multi-user environment.
vladk2k
Send a message

Post by vveloso
Hello, I started to notice recently that sometimes my Waze does not recover from a loss of GPS signal.

However the GPS indicator in the Android notification bar is not blinking, which means that it got a fix. The notifications panel shows GPS coordinates but Waze keeps saying that it has no GPS signal and showing an approximate position.

Shouldn't it use the position that is being reported by Android?

By the way, I have used Waze successfully in this terminal before a recent software update.

Do you have any suggestions?

Cheers,
vveloso
Send a message
Vasco Veloso
bq Aquaris 4.5, Android 4.2.2

walbing
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
Attachments
Walther Bing - Walbing

Post by wiggers
Several times I have started navigation, the route has been plotted on the map, but then 'Recalculating Route' appears and doesn't go away. This obscures the map and, as I tend to have the sound off, it makes it hard to follow the route. If it is safe to do so I have to stop the car, close Waze and start again.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By3E7J ... sp=sharing
wiggers
Send a message

Post by wiggers
The other morning during the rush hour Waze advised me of a change of route to a quicker one. The problem was that this advice popped-up when I was halfway across the junction where it was telling me to turn a different way to the previous route. I was already committed to the turn so ended up on the old route and not the new, quicker one. The change of route popup seemed to stay on the screen a long time, obscuring the part of the map where the current position and immediate route is shown. This meant I was 'flying blind' and was unable to see what the next turn was supposed to be. I found this to be dangerous as it was very distracting, having to repeatedly look at the screen to see if the popup had gone so I could see where I was meant to go.

This happened twice that morning. The second time I was committed to joining a long one-way system and it took longer to get out of that than the new route would have saved!
wiggers
Send a message

Post by wolfsbane2k
Sorry, but not going to update to this version as i cannot disable the access to the Calendar feature due to the amount of access this gives the app.
wolfsbane2k
Send a message
Mondeo Driver, lurking somewhere on the M27 but no longer editing.