Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by dbraughlr
BellHouse wrote:we can let this issue sleep again.
The issue belongs in another thread - not in this one.

It might be helpful if a moderator would move some of the elevation discussion from this thread to the other.
dbraughlr
Send a message

Post by dbraughlr
berestovskyy wrote:Any ideas?
String them together using delimiters, e.g. name + '\t' + city + '\n'.
dbraughlr
Send a message

Post by dbraughlr
berestovskyy wrote: 2. No right* turn (for any drivable road)
* for the right-hand traffic
Report/highlight the segment if at the node:
a) there is a 90±5° right turn
Why not any segment between 80° and the continuation segment or 180° whichever is less?
Of course, when the continuation segment is <80°, it is the right turn.
dbraughlr
Send a message

Post by dbraughlr
sketch wrote: What do you mean by "up to 85°"? I would think it should apply for any angle (45º < angle ≤ 90º); i.e., any that would give a "turn right" instruction.
Ignoring the detail that departure angles from too sharp all the way to <135º give a "turn right" instruction, I still think that the point is that a turn should be expected to be allowed to any road between, say 45º and wherever the best continuation is.

In short, a road which merely requires "stay right" still should have its turn enabled- at least this is what I was expecting. So if the road bears hard left, a turn of straight ahead should be expected to be permitted even if 185º.

I think another way if saying this is that any road that can be reached without crossing traffic is the opposing direction, why is the turn not allowed?
(Yes, bypass roads like AGCs are such examples. I'm not asking. I'm just saying that this is the essence of the question that the validation asks.)
dbraughlr
Send a message
Last edited by dbraughlr on Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by dbraughlr
I was referring to the angle as measured from the current segment, not in degrees of turn.
So the angles I gave need to be subtracted from 180 to get degrees of right turn, e.g. 180° - 185° = -5° right turn (a turn slightly left of course).
dbraughlr
Send a message

Post by dbraughlr
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:it can delete all segments
What kind of :twisted: threat is that??
dbraughlr
Send a message

Post by dbraughlr
j4m35ch3w wrote:is there any chance you can allow street names (in the US) that start with "de", "de la", "del", "el" and "la" to not trigger the #170 rule? There are a number of streets in San Diego that start with those and they are 'correct'.
As mentioned, we already hashed out this issue regarding #170 and there is a thread on the topic of capitalization. I invite you to contribute to that discussion.

I checked two of your examples from the street view. Clearly, Title case is used. Not only are the words you mentioned capitalized at the beginning of the name, they are capitalized in the middle of a name. I believe that the names you cited should be fixed in Waze to conform to the official spelling.

Conclusion: A street name starting with a lowercase letter is not something that should pass validation.
dbraughlr
Send a message

Post by dbraughlr
CBenson wrote:To get the roundabout instruction to work correctly on this roundabout, I had to not have the segments connect at the same point.
I do not consider traffic circles (e.g., Washington Circle to be roundabouts. They are circular roads controlled by traffic lights. In a real roundabout, traffic does not stop and roads do not cross. However, I do somewhat see how instructions to enter and exit the circle could be useful.
dbraughlr
Send a message

Post by dbraughlr
sketch wrote:is the scan supposed to pick up on custom checks and put them in the report?
It does for me.
dbraughlr
Send a message

Post by dbraughlr
If someone has bothered to install add-ons, he probably knows about red roads. But no problem, just make the feature r3 and up.

As for what the default city is, it would be nice to have it set to the city of its attachment point(s) rather than None. If the cities are different or incomplete, then the City field cannot be automatically completed.

I've net seen an explanation for why political boundaries aren't stored in a single database somewhere.
We really shouldn't have to set the city name at all. There would be no smudges. It truly would save a lot of work.
dbraughlr
Send a message