If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Live Map Website Feedback: Navigation hidden

Post by christianTF
Since today (Austria), on the Live Map on the website, the selection of "Search" and "Navigate" disappeared. Instead only a search bar is visible.

As I found out, to calculate a route, you have to enter an address. After that, a second line is shown to enter a destination. This is very un-intuitive and time consuming.

Before, I saw both lines and could enter origin and destination in one step.
Now, I have to enter the origin (!) first, wait for the lookup, then enter the destination, wait for the lookup, and then can calculate the route.

This is the kind of disimprovements, and useless playing hide and seek for functionality on a website we know from Google (and Windows 8).
It's un-intuitive for a user to seek every corner for a feature that may be somewhere (or not).

Please undo this useless change.

Regards, Christian
christianTF

POSTER_ID:16885230

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I agree about this. It is quite confusing.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by tonestertm
Not only that, but the initial search result goes automatically into the Origin box, rather than the Destination box, with no option to flip the boxes until the second one is filled. How many people start a search by looking for where they're starting from (or am I just weird)?
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/y7f2gsiomkpxbe6/CA_SM_Rocket_Shear_Alpha_50.png?dl=0
ARC for SW Region, USA
Global Champ, US Local Champ
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!